Lt. Commander
# 121
02-20-2011, 07:11 AM
Quote:
All the above is not for the foundry, if you read it properly the suggestion is for the live server to add flavor to the star trek experience..... judging by most of your replies to my comments, I guess you've never RP'd before
Oh, then you posted this in the wrong forum... This is a foundry forum, and my opinions are based as such.
Lt. Commander
# 122
02-20-2011, 06:24 PM
I got a idea for the foundry, what if you have to be in a shuttle and fly around in your shuttle in the sky, you can fight enemys in the sky and do missions on a planets Atmosphere.
Lt. Commander
# 123
02-21-2011, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbone
Oh, then you posted this in the wrong forum... This is a foundry forum, and my opinions are based as such.
Well my ideas were based with the foundry mechanics, you'd need the ability to change things like that even if it were for ingame use instead of making a foundry mission, they kinda lend themselves to each other in that way.

Bringing editing techniques from the foundry to use say on your own starship would be cool, then you could design it ground up and make it unique.

I could see it starting off as a foundry add-on, but my initial idea to spread it into the design of your own ship would be cool if Cryptic could add say a new npc at ESD so you can edit the interior design of your ship.

The only reason I posted it here was that the elements in the foundry could make this work in a mission you were designing, so naturally crossing over to add the same editing tools via an npc to use on your own ship is the idea I was striving for, sorry if I didn't explain it properly.
Lt. Commander
# 124 Foundry
02-23-2011, 04:38 PM
The foundry is nice it has alot of features and I hope they add more. It is still pretty hard though to see the changes you have made to a map in 2d. It might help if you could actualy see the changes as you make them instead of having to go back and forth between editor and test play.
Lt. Commander
# 125
02-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Anyone have an ETA on Foundry coming back up on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 126
02-23-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm hoping that the pre-patching is an indication that it may be tomorrow. I realize the patching is on Holodeck, but if it is a release day, just maybe we'll get it. Here's to hoping. :p
Lt. Commander
# 127
02-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.PFDennis
I'm hoping that the pre-patching is an indication that it may be tomorrow. I realize the patching is on Holodeck, but if it is a release day, just maybe we'll get it. Here's to hoping. :p
lol, the bigger the hope, the bigger the disappointment :p xD
Lt. Commander
# 128
02-24-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vchemist View Post
I got a idea for the foundry, what if you have to be in a shuttle and fly around in your shuttle in the sky, you can fight enemys in the sky and do missions on a planets Atmosphere.
This has nothing to do with the foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 129
02-24-2011, 03:57 PM
It WOULD be a nice touch to "leave your ship", But, it's not used by the devs. Save O'Brien!
Lt. Commander
# 130
02-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooiue View Post
lol, the bigger the hope, the bigger the disappointment :p xD
You said it

Haven't even had the Holodeck patch. My God, I jinxed it !!