Lt. Commander
# 1 So TOS Bridge and interiors
02-24-2011, 11:01 AM
They look fantastic and all and i will get them of course when they are released, but really, what is the point? The Original Conny is a Tier 0/1 ship at best, and is unusable in the later game. Why all the trouble for this ship? Unless, of course, a T5 refit is also coming?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2011, 11:06 AM
One of my characters and crew will be TOS-themed all the way. He started in the Connie, now has the LC level Connie, and will use "traditional" ships at all levels. I'm thinking of using the TOS interior pack for all of his ships, if possible.

This is great for those of us who like to run multiple characters (i.e., like creating different characters/backstories and take our time leveling them up). We can have several captains and themes, old and new or mix 'n' match. Variety is good.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook View Post
They look fantastic and all and i will get them of course when they are released, but really, what is the point? The Original Conny is a Tier 0/1 ship at best, and is unusable in the later game. Why all the trouble for this ship? Unless, of course, a RA refit is also coming?
Because TOS interior is cool. I might use it with my Excelsior, but I hope they make a T5 Connie
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobservo
Because TOS interior is cool. I might use it with my Excelsior, but I hope they make a T5 Connie
A T5 Conny would make this game 150% better!

I really hope that will be the end result. We have TOS uniforms, TOS hand weapons, refit phaser banks, in game now, with the TOS bridge and interiors and even dress uniforms coming soon. With all this TOS stuff, why not give us a T5 Conny to use it all?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Even if you aren't interested in having the TOS Bridge/Interior for your own ship, I'm excited about getting the assets in game and then ported over to the Foundry so that players might be able to cook up some cool Time Travel episodes
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Even if you aren't interested in having the TOS Bridge/Interior for your own ship, I'm excited about getting the assets in game and then ported over to the Foundry so that players might be able to cook up some cool Time Travel episodes
Duh? Of course!!! I forgot all about that!

And believe me, I am VERY excited about having the TOS Bridge and interiors in game, but I just want a ship I can actually use them on! (i.e. T5 Conny! )
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Indeed, it will let me retool at least one mission to match the insides to the outsides!....my only question is will there be a way to interact with consoles on the bridges of ships as right now when you try to do so on bridge maps, you have to carefully align a matching console to overlay....which doesnt look great all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook View Post
And believe me, I am VERY excited about having the TOS Bridge and interiors in game, but I just want a ship I can actually use them on! (i.e. T5 Conny! )
/signed Personally I would like a Constitution refit where they forgot to redo the interiors. So the craft your own refit system can't come soon enough.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Speaking of bridges and the Foundry, I hope were are able to disable beaming out animations for the following reason:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=202941
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2011, 11:29 AM
I still use my T1 TOS Connie to do Diplomatic missions, although getting a T5 TOS Connie would make me very happy! A green tunic for normal missions, TOS dress uniform for special missions, TOS ranged weapons and melee weapons!!! With a T5 Connie, I would be complete...on my Fed alt that is