Lt. Commander
# 11
02-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
The Cane, is the special "Play and complete before a given time" reward from the Devidian Featured Episode series, like the Breen is the equal reward from the Deferi Storyline.

The Cane basically lifts/holds a given number of closeby enemies up into the air, sucking life from them, and returning a specific amount of that "drained" health to you.

It is quite handy when dealing with the Borg in the STF missions, and is a device, hence not taking up a weapons slot.

Is it really cool? Meh!

Reference: http://www.stowiki.org/Ophidian_Cane , and yes: I have it.
Sounds cool.

Looks like I missed some of the cool rewards for the featured episodes.

I just recently finished both of them

Hopefully this new one will have an "exclusive" reward at the end.

Thanks for the help
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGerg
Sounds cool.

Looks like I missed some of the cool rewards for the featured episodes.

I just recently finished both of them

Hopefully this new one will have an "exclusive" reward at the end.

Thanks for the help
There will most likely be...
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Quote:
There will most likely be...
Question is - what will it be?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-25-2011, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul
Question is - what will it be?
Well, that is always open for theories... I HOPE that it will not be yet another Bridge Officer and or Rare/very rare weapon.

My personal hopes are for a Phased Cloak device for the ship or character (wich is unlikely since all the models are one faced (meaning they only have substance on the side you can see, and not the other way around and nothing inside... What would be really cool is a romulan/reman ship of choice.

But my best geuss is one of the following:
  • A Reman BO
  • A Reman Special mental weapon
  • A unlimited supply of the cloaked tractor mines

All would be epic fail IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-25-2011, 02:50 AM
Quote:
My personal hopes are for a Phased Cloak device for the ship or character (wich is unlikely since all the models are one faced (meaning they only have substance on the side you can see, and not the other way around and nothing inside... What would be really cool is a romulan/reman ship of choice.
The problem with the phased cloak is it has nothing to do with the story arc, I very much doubt they would just give away a ship, even a dinky Reman BoP. There's also the matter of the canonistas going ballistic if it doesn't have the right bridge and interior. I suppose they could include a Scorpion fighter, but that would be a significantly larger reward than the previous limited Feature rewards.

Quote:
But my best geuss is one of the following:
  • A Reman BO
  • A Reman Special mental weapon
  • A unlimited supply of the cloaked tractor mines

All would be epic fail IMO.
Depending on the story ending a Reman BO might be viable. Although to misquote a certain engineer, "How many hitchhikers are we going to pick up on this trip? Maybe this is the new strategy. Enemies don't invade anymore; they just show up and look helpless."
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-25-2011, 04:41 AM
Well... Canon (even soft canon) went out the window a long time ago... I would prefer canon big time, but it is not going to happen.

My problem with the BO rewards is that it basically forces us either disregard the reward, decommsion some of the BO's we already have and have carefully balanced to "perfection" or buy more BO slots... None of them are viable to me. It's the same with the constant addition of weapons and devices...

I however cannont think of a better solution, apart from giving us more inventory/bank space.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-25-2011, 06:29 AM
I suppose there's always carriable passive buff items. We have a load of consumables with cooldowns that severely curtail the usefulness of carrying more than one type, so what about equipable devices that give some kind of persistent buff such as a "shield frequency adjuster" that will adjust personal shield resistances vs different damage types, or a "weapon powerpack overcharger" that buffs a type of weapon damage?