Lt. Commander
# 21
02-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
Heh, I tend to get along better with people who realize that the story is just fiction and 90% accuracy is plenty enough to have a good time. When people start arguing about "canon" and "proper naval protcol" (which I still don't think matters since starfleet isn't the navy), I get bored and roam off. Plus I like Valias who has that smexy Orion avatar.

The one time I enjoyed arguing about a plot was trying to convince people that Fawkes in Fallout 3 was a female before being mutated. :p Then one of the devs responded to my claims and shot me down, which was still awesome.
Hells ya brother. Nothing bores me more than a pointless arguement about the technical aspects of imaginary spaceships and weapons. Its kinda like listening to real scientists debate something only without the relevance or importance to back it up.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-24-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm not really into that many video game communities. About the only one I have any feel for is the Team Fortress 2 community, and it usually likes to spend its time complaining about hats and the fact that Valve has an online store where you can buy hats is apparently ruining the game somehow. Of course, there's also the usual arguments about who's OP/UP, and the like.

Oddly enough, there's a cottage industry of creative fans on YouTube who amazing and terrifying things with song remixes and animated shorts.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-24-2011, 05:42 PM
I play with a group known as LIGS, or Long Island Gaming Servers. And by good people, I mean a bunch of ragers who suck as much as you do. You should just hear the rage in the mumble chats.

And I'm not that horrid in voice chat. Really.

Speaking of which, we should set up a TS3 or mumble thing for 10F