Lt. Commander
First off I am really enjoying the new episodes, keep em coming.

The damage bug that random NPCs do in explore ground combat missions though seems to have bled over to the romulans. At first I didn't really notice it, but the more of my characters I take through the mission "Frozen" the worse it gets. I have moderately good gear on my sci/healer and with all my buffs on, a romulan (just a standard one, not the general) hit my entire team with a split beam shot that wiped all shields and half of the hp off my entire away team.

If the pattern keeps up my next character to go through this mission (the last one that needs to do it, and my best geared for ground combat) will be almost unable to complete it. Also I have been running it only on normal difficulty.

I would have put this in the missions feedback section but I think it's a more widespread problem as this is why my entire fleet and I quit running ground missions.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2011, 05:58 AM
I got one shotted in Frozen also. I never even saw what exactly hit me, I just went from full shields/health to a respawn button. I also had a BO get one shotted during a normal Romulan mission by some sort of Thalaron (sp) thing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2011, 06:10 AM
Quote:
by some sort of Thalaron (sp) thing
The Thalaron weapons are awful for one shotage.

If you don't notice that one has fired, such as through fighting more than one group of enemy at a time, it'll take out your entire away team in a single hit. The best way to avoid them if you notice them, is to set a manual waypoint for your entire team outside the radius.

That way, if you go down, they can still revive you. If on the other hand you attempt to save yourself and leave them inside the weapons radius, you'll likely be knocked out trying to revive them anyway. On the upside, the Thalaron weapons do damage to the Romulans as well - if you're careful, you can make most of the Romulans run into the weapon just as it fires and save yourself some time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2011, 07:38 AM
I actually have no complaints about the thalaron weapons, I think they add some needed excitement to a long boring grind in ground combat. Imo they're just awesome, just have to keep an eye out for them. But getting blown away by a split beam disruptor rifle in 1-2 hits just sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2011, 01:08 AM
Are you doing the missions in Normal difficulty? I've never been one-shotted in Frozen except by Thalaron mines.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2011, 03:22 AM
Yep, normal difficulty. I've had this problem in some random explore maps also. I'm just worried because I've never seen it with anything other than the random explore mission enemies before. I did finally run through it with my engineer with all purple XI gear, same thing happened. Felt like I was wearing maybe mk 8 standard gear the way they tore through shields and health.