Lt. Commander
# 1 The Fleet Plan
02-24-2011, 07:23 PM
The Fleet plan suggests that at rank Fleet Admiral, you can then promote bridge officers to captain other ships in one's garage, calling on them in time of need, a personal entourage if you will.
I like the idea and did from the moment I heard it, I hope something like this gets implemented
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Me too. I'd love to pull one of my older ships out of drydock to fly alongside me. Give a use for the lower Tier ships.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2011, 09:21 PM
I've been begging for this since they started talking about the original "alt your BOff" ideas. It made much more sense to me to have ships follow you around in space for some missions, like your BO's do on ground.

Key to this idea is the concept of picking officers for the ships, their general equipment (ship, maybe a few other things) and possibly rank. When they are not accompanying you on missions, you should be able to send them to take care of things off camera. I am very encouraged that they have been talking about this as part of the Duty Officer System.

Overall, this could solve one of my biggest problems with STO. There is no significant sign of progression in the game. The types of missions you do as an Ensign or Lieutenant are all but indistinguishable from the missions you do as a Vice Admiral. There is no sense of weight or lasting impact to Vice Admiral missions. Hopefully adding an administrative aspect, some responsibility, and consequences will help with that. If you need a few extra ships for a mission, hopefully it is something a little more epic than flower gathering.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
I've been begging for this since they started talking about the original "alt your BOff" ideas. It made much more sense to me to have ships follow you around in space for some missions, like your BO's do on ground.

Key to this idea is the concept of picking officers for the ships, their general equipment (ship, maybe a few other things) and possibly rank. When they are not accompanying you on missions, you should be able to send them to take care of things off camera. I am very encouraged that they have been talking about this as part of the Duty Officer System.

Overall, this could solve one of my biggest problems with STO. There is no significant sign of progression in the game. The types of missions you do as an Ensign or Lieutenant are all but indistinguishable from the missions you do as a Vice Admiral. There is no sense of weight or lasting impact to Vice Admiral missions. Hopefully adding an administrative aspect, some responsibility, and consequences will help with that. If you need a few extra ships for a mission, hopefully it is something a little more epic than flower gathering.
I agree thats one of the things I dig about EVE is that all decisions have consequences