Lt. Commander
# 51
02-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madderkayne View Post
As long as I'm paying a monthly fee, I say they take on the hassle, giving older ships a new "SKIN" is not really putting much effort into it I feel. There's an old rule in building cars "Dont fix the body up until the engine kicks ass" For some it's just about the end result for others like myself it's the idea of "What kind of monster can I put together?"
Like putting a 351 Cleveland engine in a Pinto, it's a frankenstien thing I guess.
I like the look of my ShiKar hybrid(USS FENRIS) but like I've said before it serves no purpose anymore but to sit in my garage and that is sad. It's a warship and deserves to kick ass alongside it's more capable bretheren
Skins of an older ship on an existing ships mechanics with a classification is fine with me.
Being able to custom build a ship somehow as a player, sure, maybe down the road.
Maybe modulating ships sections that can be swapped in class
The Devs taking the time to Tier design a version of every vessel in SF/KDF/etc at every tier is nuts. Not saying it can't be done eventually but certainly it cant be done fast.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-13-2011, 09:19 AM
being kind of a gearhead, I prefer building it. I like making "Sleepers" cars or ships in this case that are meaner than they look. Something you never see coming but wish you did. I honestly think it would be easier for the DEV team to make adjustments like I stated before with the rare and very rare components idea as well as the universal retrofit that you can purchase through the cstore at least from a programmer/developer point of view(that was my occupation). A universal retrofit that you can apply to any ship under a teir 5 would allow not just the Miranda/ShiKar/Centaur class to come back into the fold of usefulness but it would also bring the Constitution and Stargazer classes up to a more productive measure. They offered it for the Intrepid,Bird of Prey,Defiant classes I dont see that it would take much time or be very difficult to set the same thing up for the other classes
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-13-2011, 09:24 AM
I still think when all is said and done...my version of the duty officer/captain system would cause the least amount of continuity questions and less headaches with character slots and the like. But oh well, at the end of the day, it isn't up to any of us...it is up to the devs. *sigh* But the thing is, with missed opportunities like with the BoF slots of the D'Kyr/Saucer Separating Galaxy...my optimism is waning. Getting back to the duty officer system that I proposed, if you in single character rpgs can do side quests to flesh out the backstories on the supporting cast of characters that follows your main guy around (Dragon Age is a good example) then why can't that work here? Then...it would be like we are the Picards of our stories when it comes to our character accounts and yet we can see further into the lives of our LaForges and Rikers et al. All without having to migrate a character to another character slot.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
I still think when all is said and done...my version of the duty officer/captain system would cause the least amount of continuity questions and less headaches with character slots and the like. But oh well, at the end of the day, it isn't up to any of us...it is up to the devs. *sigh* But the thing is, with missed opportunities like with the BoF slots of the D'Kyr/Saucer Separating Galaxy...my optimism is waning.
The Fleet Plan is still a very good idea and I think it should be implemented once the Fleet Admiral rank is available. The ability to promote your officers to captain thier own ships and still have a use for them would keep the personal storylines fresh and if they ever set it up like EVE where the choices one makes affect the game world to a certain degree, the addition of creating a personal entourage of ships would give the player a sense of REAL accomplishment beyond just leveling up. nNot to mention it would give a use for the extra bridge officers that are in a roster that never get used(I think I mentioned that before LOL).
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madderkayne View Post
The Fleet Plan is still a very good idea and I think it should be implemented once the Fleet Admiral rank is available. The ability to promote your officers to captain thier own ships and still have a use for them would keep the personal storylines fresh and if they ever set it up like EVE where the choices one makes affect the game world to a certain degree, the addition of creating a personal entourage of ships would give the player a sense of REAL accomplishment beyond just leveling up. nNot to mention it would give a use for the extra bridge officers that are in a roster that never get used(I think I mentioned that before LOL).
And this, my friend is my entire point. It is an elegant solution to the duty officer implementation problem. Also, the ability to play as Duty Officers on your current admiral will especially make sense during away missions. You can send one of them to lead the away team rather than have the admiral beam down everytime. Another thing is this...if they allow for you to define the duty officer's personality types then they can implement mission flags that will allow for mission diologs to reflect this. That would make playing as them more dynamic storywise.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
And this, my friend is my entire point. It is an elegant solution to the duty officer implementation problem. Also, the ability to play as Duty Officers on your current admiral will especially make sense during away missions. You can send one of them to lead the away team rather than have the admiral beam down everytime. Another thing is this...if they allow for you to define the duty officer's personality types then they can implement mission flags that will allow for mission diologs to reflect this. That would make playing as them more dynamic storywise.
Right now how do we get them to implement it LOL
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-24-2011, 07:19 PM
I see alot of Bird of Prey's in PvP and they seem to do just fine in kickin butt against harder targets(with help of course) why cant the Miranda/Centaur/Shi'Kar class?
Hell I've got a Dakota variant that I love and never use it anymore because my Sovereign variant is so much better
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Can I get an AMEN?!