Lt. Commander
Well, this is only the third thread I've started since I've joined these forums (and the other two were in the beta or Red Squad forums, lol), but I figured it would be best to post here about a bug with (one of) the rewards for the 'Frozen' mission.

I chose the Romulan Disruptor Wide Beam Pistol (Mk XI, on my VA Science Captain), and when I do a Palm Strike, there is no animation for it. The 'Red Alert' pops up, but he stands there, holding the pistol, like normal. I haven't tried it with the Split Beam Rifle, so I'm not sure if it's just the pistol that doesn't have the third option animation, or if it's both.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this problem or not. I really like the look of the pistol, and I hope the animation bug gets fixed soon (if it truly is a bug). Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Also half of the pistol is white and has no texture to it.

The right side to be exact.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2011, 02:26 AM
I got the rifle, didn't test it much before giving it to my Borg BO (borg BO borg(ish) gun) but it seemed to be fine. Was thinking of doing Frozen again to get the pistol. What does it look like? I don't rely on icons anymore. (MK__ icons dont change)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someStarTrekfan12
I got the rifle, didn't test it much before giving it to my Borg BO (borg BO borg(ish) gun) but it seemed to be fine. Was thinking of doing Frozen again to get the pistol. What does it look like? I don't rely on icons anymore. (MK__ icons dont change)
aside from a missing texture on it's side and the lack of a palm strike animation it looks amazing! It's got that classic romulan pistol look to it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Well, I'm glad to see that the right-hand texture of the Romulan pistol has been fixed (isn't just a blank, beige right-hand side now), but the Pistol Strike animation still isn't working. At least, it wasn't on the build Tribble had last night, which is the one that got patched to the Live server today, so I'm assuming it's still not working on the Live server today.

I'm having too much fun with my crafted lirpas, along with the weapon pack ones, so I'm not too worried about it at the moment, but I do hope it'll get fixed sometime in the near future.