Lt. Commander
Like, seriously?

With the uniforms from the open jacket pack all women don't wear any undershirt. The men? They wear lame stripped shirts.

I understand that you want the girls to show some cleavage for the folks to look at. I'm not too fond of that idea. But if you have to do it, than show the male toons some love, as well! It looks really silly to have the women walk around like that while the guys are prudes.

edit: Oh and yeah, spelling for the win.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2011, 02:12 AM
Absolutely, totally and 100% agree. Cryptic's attitude to women in STO has never been particularly healthy (the breast slider borders on the ridiculous) and there are all manner of sexy, revealing clothing options for female toons that are simply not there for male toons (Orion male shirtlessness is the exception that proves the rule, and even that is hugely overshadowed by the Orion female non-outfits).

This, unfortunately, is hardly surprising for a team that is almost entirely comprised of men.

Now, whist I think the sexing-up of female toons veers into the tacky, there's certainly some grounds in saying it's 'true to Star Trek', but if that's the route Cryptic want to take I feel they are beholden to offer the same or similar options for male toons.

In my ideal world this would extend to allowing male toons to wear every thing the females could - up to and including 'cross-dressing' - this is a liberal Utopia, after all... But since I think Cryptic is rightfully afraid of a conservative backlash in that case... we at least deserve some man-beef! Where's Ricardo Montalban's chest-revealing attire? Hell, why not extend the option to go bare-chested to every male of every species as an off-Duty option?

I see this not only as a QoL issue for the men who want to sex up a little, but also as an ethical and political one that Cryptic has a moral obligation to fulfil. Trek ideals and Roddenberry's vision - although the man himself was somewhat mired in the values of his time - are about equality, freedom and egalitarianism - and if there's going to be leering at pretty people going on, it ought to come from both sides of the gender and sexuality lines!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2011, 02:17 AM
I can only 2nd every single word you wrote. Very elegantly put. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2011, 02:21 AM
I Agree with you on this. This is part of roddeberry's dream and we give the Women of this game the same respect if they do not want their outfits to be too revealing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2011, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneArac
Absolutely, totally and 100% agree. Cryptic's attitude to women in STO has never been particularly healthy (the breast slider borders on the ridiculous) and there are all manner of sexy, revealing clothing options for female toons that are simply not there for male toons (Orion male shirtlessness is the exception that proves the rule, and even that is hugely overshadowed by the Orion female non-outfits).

This, unfortunately, is hardly surprising for a team that is almost entirely comprised of men.

Now, whist I think the sexing-up of female toons veers into the tacky, there's certainly some grounds in saying it's 'true to Star Trek', but if that's the route Cryptic want to take I feel they are beholden to offer the same or similar options for male toons.

In my ideal world this would extend to allowing male toons to wear every thing the females could - up to and including 'cross-dressing' - this is a liberal Utopia, after all... But since I think Cryptic is rightfully afraid of a conservative backlash in that case... we at least deserve some man-beef! Where's Ricardo Montalban's chest-revealing attire? Hell, why not extend the option to go bare-chested to every male of every species as an off-Duty option?

I see this not only as a QoL issue for the men who want to sex up a little, but also as an ethical and political one that Cryptic has a moral obligation to fulfil. Trek ideals and Roddenberry's vision - although the man himself was somewhat mired in the values of his time - are about equality, freedom and egalitarianism - and if there's going to be leering at pretty people going on, it ought to come from both sides of the gender and sexuality lines!
I endorse what you say, and am interested in signing up for your newsletter.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2011, 05:53 AM
Just take all the clothes away Cryptic. That way everyone will be equal.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2011, 06:12 AM
I am really disappointed in the female open jacket options. Closed, they are wearing shirts. Opened, the shirts disappear. Seriously???

I was actually disgusted by the amount of "skin" displayed on the female characters who are supposed to be Starfleet Officers. I was expecting something more professional, not the start of a striptease. We're not all 14 yr old hormone-jumping kids playing this game. Whoever approved this costume for females needs to take a step back and realize the EPIC-FAIL and make some changes asap.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2011, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneArac

i really hope you're not (and if i am wrong, then apologies) suggesting that the cryptic team is sexist.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2011, 07:57 AM
*click*

*Klick*

*klack*

WANT

'nuf said
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-26-2011, 07:59 AM
indeed. in fact, the more klingon stuff, the better.