Lt. Commander
# 211 Beta?
01-22-2009, 08:09 PM
IF its not alredy out when well beta be availible.
Lt. Commander
# 212
01-23-2009, 07:29 AM
Hello team.

I will not ask about the BETA.......I'm a patient man.

We all know, that we will be able to play only with the Federaton and the Klingon Empire.
My question is: Will we be able to at least MEET with NPCs from all the other major powers (CARDASSIANS, Ferrengi, Breen)?
Lt. Commander
# 213 haling ?
01-25-2009, 03:36 AM
hi this is my first time in a form of any kind so i dont know if this is the right one to do it in but i just wanna say that i wuld very much like some kind of voice command like the headset on the 360 or a normal mic for pc players for haling other ships like they do in star trek for example target a ship and do a command saying (open a channel) wait for the other player to activate then chat to them just like in star trek i just think that be prittiy cool
let me know what you guys think

and mabie direct me to the correct form for asking questions
A. ANTHANY
Lt. Commander
# 214
01-25-2009, 06:34 AM
sorry if someone has already asked these

On other MMOs you're able to run/walk/fly through other objects like there not even there. Will it be like that in STO, or will we actually crash into planets, asteroids and ofc, other ships?

I know someone has already asked about travel, but it didnt give alot away. Is it going to take a few seconds to travel from Earth to Qo'nos for example. Can we set warp factors when travelling long distances or is it going to be loading screens between sectors of space?
Transwarp gates and such may exist, but are they optional to use. Could, if we wanted to, just fly out at warp for a few weeks to get to a planet?
Can we engage enemy ships whilst at warp?

Can you release any more information on Klingon ships, can you confirm whether the B'rel, K'vort, Vor'cha class ships are going to be used aswell as any new designs?

As far as im aware, there are alot of options availible for players when encountering new races. Does this include conquering them, stripping them of resources and using it for personel gain? [evil grin]. Very Klingon like :p

Thanks in Advance
D'Ghor
Lt. Commander
# 215
01-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGhor View Post
sorry if someone has already asked these

On other MMOs you're able to run/walk/fly through other objects like there not even there. Will it be like that in STO, or will we actually crash into planets, asteroids and ofc, other ships?

It is assumed that you will NOT be able to just phase thru solid matter like ships or planets. That would take some gameplay out of the game such as last chance ramming an enemy to kill them. Friendly ships are unknown, you may be able to fly thru them do avoid "friendly fire" situations. WoW has servers for PVP damage were all damage is felt even by friends or comrades. Unknown if STO will offer this as well

Quote:
I know someone has already asked about travel, but it didnt give alot away. Is it going to take a few seconds to travel from Earth to Qo'nos for example. Can we set warp factors when travelling long distances or is it going to be loading screens between sectors of space?
Again, unknown as of yet. It would seem that entering warp to a specific place would be a load screen of sorts but they havn't said anything about it yet. Warp factors and the like have not been given attention during the Ask the Dev. segments.

Quote:
Transwarp gates and such may exist, but are they optional to use. Could, if we wanted to, just fly out at warp for a few weeks to get to a planet?
Lets hope so, otherwise exploration may not apply very much at all...

Quote:
Can we engage enemy ships whilst at warp?
Hopefully, yes. It was a main focus in the show and makes a ships speed very important during gameplay.

Quote:
Can you release any more information on Klingon ships, can you confirm whether the B'rel, K'vort, Vor'cha class ships are going to be used aswell as any new designs?
As far as ships go, let go of any assumptions you have about seeing your favorite ship in use here. The game takes place 30 years after known ST history so many ships will be altered/refit or simply decommissioned in this time. The Klingons are known for sticking with what works, after all, the Bird of Prey and K'ting'a have been in use for the Empire for centuries so I would think you would still see them around, maybe with upgrades to systems but basic look still intact. So far they have only released pics of new Federation ships so I have no clue what to expect from the Empire. These are all assumptions and educated guesses.

Quote:
As far as im aware, there are alot of options availible for players when encountering new races. Does this include conquering them, stripping them of resources and using it for personel gain? [evil grin]. Very Klingon like :p
YES!!! The Federation may not have this ability because they are passive so they must befriend new civilizations and hope to gain their resources that way. But the Klingons CONQUER! So one would expect that the difference in gameplay between the two races would be that the Federation makes 1st contact with a helping hand and the Klingons do it with a phaser!

Remember, these are just resonable assumptions based off what they have released to us all so far. I would suggest you go to the main page and read all the articles posted so far to catch up. And definately read the Path to 2409. The interesting things located there will help you when assessing what will be capable of the game, in some cases.

And yes, this is a good place to ask questions. You may find a more suitible forum thread for more precise answers in the forum main page but any thread is a good place for questions.

Take care and I hope to see you in battle you smelly Klingon targ!:p
Lt. Commander
# 216
01-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.ANTHANY FIXTER
hi this is my first time in a form of any kind so i dont know if this is the right one to do it in but i just wanna say that i wuld very much like some kind of voice command like the headset on the 360 or a normal mic for pc players for haling other ships like they do in star trek for example target a ship and do a command saying (open a channel) wait for the other player to activate then chat to them just like in star trek i just think that be prittiy cool
let me know what you guys think

and mabie direct me to the correct form for asking questions
A. ANTHANY
THAT WOULD ROCK!!! but I doubt it.

That would require to much for usser systems and I think they want to make this game axsessable to more people then just the ones with a killer lay out.
Lt. Commander
# 217
01-25-2009, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowa View Post
Hello team.

I will not ask about the BETA.......I'm a patient man.

We all know, that we will be able to play only with the Federaton and the Klingon Empire.
My question is: Will we be able to at least MEET with NPCs from all the other major powers (CARDASSIANS, Ferrengi, Breen)?
I hope so, I am a Cardassian lover and I want to at least battle a few Guls before bed each night.
Lt. Commander
# 218 Release date???
01-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Does Anyone know the release date?????????
Lt. Commander
# 219
01-28-2009, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XratedEvo View Post
Does Anyone know the release date?????????
NOPE, welcome to our hell!!!
Lt. Commander
# 220
01-28-2009, 03:11 PM
How do i put questions forward to be asked to the cryptic people? Ill just ask you guys in case you know something i don't, Will the movement be a "Click to move" like EVE or will it be free movement, like WoW style, (I hate click to moves lol)