Lt. Commander
# 11
02-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheranki View Post
Well, no luck yet. Application to join a fleet?.... no. Academy to train me... lol, no. Start at the bottom of an interior rank structure.... NO! Voice chat required?...... No Way! I play on a 33 in monitor next to my TV and have a family. That simply doesn't work for me. I am 41 years old, been a gamer since the internet was invented, but I am also a loner and it looks like if there is a fleet out there for me, its not going to be an easy find.
I greatly appreciate all the posts to date, and I appreciate why some gamers would like the fleets that I reject, but I simply am not interested in Bull####. All I want to do is PLAY.
If there is a fleet out there that fits these requirements, then by all means, let me know, otherwise, I will continue exploring the universe as a renegade.
See you, OUT THERE.
I think that the Expendables have what you are looking for, we don't have a complicated ranking structure, its all based on what you want to do, if you want to be a member fine, officer fine you determine your role in the fleet. We run STF's pretty often, with one running tomorrow at 11am (CST)

We have a website which will be the best way to communicate and post your thoughts about events, our main focus is to have fun with no silly rules.

You can apply here: expd.guildlaunch.com but it is not necessary, if you want to join our fleet. Let us know and we can send you an invite.

Please feel free to PM me or to look at our website for more information.

Thanks,
James Goetz
Fleet Leader
Expendables
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-25-2011, 02:35 PM
We are recruiting for Expendables.....
We are a small but active fleet focusing on Fleet actions and STF's

We are recruiting so that we can have even more Fleet actions and STF's

A fleet that doesn't have a bunch of silly rules or a bunch of useless ranks or divisions or acadimies within the fleet.
One that will let you play how you want ,when you want,and can fill roles within the fleet. (Ambassador,Officer,leader or just member,you can decide. Everyone has a voice within the fleet,not one person calling all the shots or a dictator.
One that is active and mature. That focuses on fellowship and regular STF's,PvE,PvP, helpfull to other players. Basiclly the best of all the other fleets without all the mess.
oh,and mistakes are allowed. All ages,level of expierence welcome

http://expd.guildlaunch.com

If you have any questions feel free to PM or mail me.
Clayton@Dredson
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-26-2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Well, no luck yet. Application to join a fleet?.... no. . Start at the bottom of an interior rank structure....
I'm just curious, about these two (highlighted).

Applications are often used, just so a fleet can learn a bit about you, before they decide to let you in. They really don't take that much time.

Secondly, do you expect to enter a fleet at the top? In most MMOs, STO included, there are in-game fleet tools that include "permisssions" at various ranks. If you're looking for a fleet that grants complete access to all members, I doubt you would find one.

Finally, you should remember, there are two kinds of fleets out there: Those that look for members; and those that wait for members that want to join them.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodveard View Post
I'm just curious, about these two (highlighted).

Applications are often used, just so a fleet can learn a bit about you, before they decide to let you in. They really don't take that much time.

Secondly, do you expect to enter a fleet at the top? In most MMOs, STO included, there are in-game fleet tools that include "permisssions" at various ranks. If you're looking for a fleet that grants complete access to all members, I doubt you would find one.

Finally, you should remember, there are two kinds of fleets out there: Those that look for members; and those that wait for members that want to join them.

I think he was referring to the whole application process, if the fleet are looking for good members they may want this, but I know me personally I won't be "screened" just to be a member of a fleet. You have to have trust in people. I don't know what you are referring to about "complete access" but our fleet welcomes members to join our ranks without any requirements, (minus our 3 rules) we are a no drama fleet that is full of mature people that want to play the game, while helping each other.

If I am reading that correctly, hes looking for a fleet that has no BS and that he doesn't have to feel like hes a N00B. Imagine you starting at a new job, but already know the skills and can be a leader, that is what I am reading from that.

Thanks,
James
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Thats exactly what I meant, and to answer an earlier question, I expect NOTHING, and I want a fleet that expects nothing of me. I have enough responsibilities in RL without having them online. This is my Play time.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Thats exactly what I meant, and to answer an earlier question, I expect NOTHING, and I want a fleet that expects nothing of me. I have enough responsibilities in RL without having them online. This is my Play time.
Then we are what you are looking for!

Thanks,
James