Lt. Commander
# 21
02-26-2011, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
So you want STO to go from the Story Driven MMO game the developers felt would work best for Star Trek (ya know, to match the series) and create what seems to be a PVP oriented game? The game sounds a lot like ****, except for the questing.

Plus, what you're describing would only be half a game for us Trek Fans. Yeah it would make the PVPers happy being able to capture and hold planets (that is on the list of things to do BTW) but what about the rest of us? Are you saying that story driven quests suck?

As for instant grouping..
We have that. You may not have it on, but we have it. Ever go into a DSE? A Fleet Action? Public quests that have instant grouping.

Frankly, I'm happy with the quest system. I rarely find the leveling a grind, except the diplomacy stuff. THAT was a grind and a half. But going through the story arcs? Not even close.
Indeed. The developer's drive to match the actual Star Trek series is VITAL to the success of STO and definitely welcome. We need to encourage the developers to keep going, not to copy and paste some other online game. Furthermore, it's time to close this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvashio View Post
please everyone refrain from feeding the troll.
Yeah, I so remember how this game was better than that game, and This game would kill that one.

10 Bars Latunium, that Rifts can't out live Perfect World, STO, and such. Probably not as bad as, that car like fight game or Hellgate.

Still...............

Next best game and you post the same.....

EDIT= Rifts, the **** for newcomers...
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrys View Post
I am too. This doesn't even remotely compare to SWTOR. RIFT has much more advanced systems. SWTOR is linear, highly story driven, and the classes are fixed and light.

<<big deal>>

SWTOR is massively overhyped. There are a ton of features announced so it is useless to say "i'm a secret tester".

I know Cryptic will ignore this, I'm counting on it. They've ignored almost all cries for them to educate the devs on better playsystems. How long they survive without such improved playsystems remains to be seen.
Well it would be useless if it wasn't illegal to tell people about the game... Which you just did...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySabre View Post
If you don't like it, don't play it. But don't show up and tell devs that they need to be more like such and such, cause a clone is exactly that: a clone.
And this... ^^^
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
10 Bars Latunium, that Rifts can't out live Perfect World, STO, and such. Probably not as bad as, that car like fight game or Hellgate.
I liked Hellgate.
Hell, I even bought the lifetime subscription. Oops.

I played a few of the Rift beta events. I felt like I was back playing WoW again, and after having played that for a number of years, I was pretty bored once the new shine wore off, which wore off in about 6 hours.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Well it would be useless if it wasn't illegal to tell people about the game... Which you just did...

And this... ^^^
...yeah.... really..., OP, if you are soooo enthralled with that game cause it's so dang great....

Go Play It...

Then you won't have to moan & groan anymore about how horrible things are around here....

But for me... things are going along wonderfully here and I plan on sticking around till either I die or the game does.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-26-2011, 09:33 PM
I played the Beta. For about an Hour. Then shut it off.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrys View Post
... and find out all the things you should have done to make a proper Star Trek title great. I'm not sure if you are watching how this is unfolding, but even in pre-launch they are breaking record numbers and adding servers every day.

Here's a few of the areas to study (this doesn't matter that it is fantasy)
1. Global events that are a "meta-game" everyone can participate in and is encouraged to do so
2. "Conquerable" areas where the invading force holds that area for the duration of the event
3. A MASSIVE skill system that takes classes and explodes the number of possibilities
4. Proper crafting system that doesn't impede the overall flow of gameplay
5. Massive quest system that makes it enjoyable to level and takes out the grind (yes there are collection quests, but they have minimized it)
6. INSTANT grouping. Public quests allow for you to float between groups as you chase down rifts seamlessly

and on and on and on

Do us all a favor, pick up a copy and play it. Experience what real massively multiplayer means when you have 30 rifts open and 20 footholds that engage players like never before.

They copied from previous MMOs and polished it over and over again.

Then give us an UPGRADED Star Trek MMO experience.
So, you're saying that the Dev's should learn from Rift, who claims that they are a WoW killer, whose taken both good AND bad from vanilla WoW.

Can I have what you're smoking? Because you clearly aren't thinking with a clear mind.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-26-2011, 09:42 PM
OP, you're forgetting the most important thing: the developers of Rift had a deal with Valve Software to give people who preordered the game Rift-themed hats in Team Fortress 2.

Honestly, Cryptic, how can you consider yourself to be a proper game developer if you're not making hats? "Content" is so 1990s, the future of gaming is in craftable virtual headware.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malashenko89 View Post
OP, you're forgetting the most important thing: the developers of Rift had a deal with Valve Software to give people who preordered the game Rift-themed hats in Team Fortress 2.

Honestly, Cryptic, how can you consider yourself to be a proper game developer if you're not making hats? "Content" is so 1990s, the future of gaming is in craftable virtual headware.
Well I want a pony.

GHOSTCRAWLER PROMISED ME A PONY!

err...sorry, wrong game :>.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-26-2011, 09:55 PM
And "Rift" is what now?

Closed Thread