Lt. Commander
So is Cryptic now forcing non-VA players to constantly replay Coliseum to get new Reman Shields during each new rank?

I thought one of the best parts of the Featured Episodes in general were the unique rewards that leveled up with the player, now that this is over (or at least for now), players are almost forced to replay...which I'm not a huge fan of (being forced). Now the "unique rewards" have been reduced to the typical excuse to waste time during replay.

I greatly enjoyed Coliseum on all my characters, but the Reman Shields just seemed like a "haha you just wasted your time" in my opinion for my Commander 7 Fed Eng.

Just wondering what Cryptic and other players have to say.

Are you for level-progressing items like the ones we've gotten from past Featured Series, or against them? Why?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2011, 09:33 AM
I for one am glad you don't get infinite level equipment.

Those items mean you never have to spend credits on them again, and there are already too many credits in the marketplace. When I can drop 5mil on an efficient boff and it doesn't make me wince, something's wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Core Ship Equipment? No, I don't mind those being level-specific.

To kit out my BOffs? I would much rather level-scaling gear.
The worst part about ranking up, is having to kit out my BOffs.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobeleca
I for one am glad you don't get infinite level equipment.

Those items mean you never have to spend credits on them again, and there are already too many credits in the marketplace. When I can drop 5mil on an efficient boff and it doesn't make me wince, something's wrong.
The funny thing is that you are completely wrong. If you want to upgrade the gear for your BO's you just have to run the mission again, getting stuff to sell in the process and then sell the old versions of the weapons. So this system only generates MORE energy credits.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
The funny thing is that you are completely wrong. If you want to upgrade the gear for your BO's you just have to run the mission again, getting stuff to sell in the process and then sell the old versions of the weapons. So this system only generates MORE energy credits.
Not to mention that gearing through energy credits pretty much only happens through the Exchange when people bother to do it at all, which is just transferring credits without sinking them.