Lt. Commander
# 101
02-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
actually... William Shatner did some Books and those included exactly that plot.... after Kirk was resurected by Borg... which had Borg Dogs...

and Star Trek Legacy.... had something... wait maybe i can find that on youtube... yeah there it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaKI9hm3jVA

....i just remembering something else.
I did read a book once, i believe the title was "Vendetta" where it was said that the Doomsday Machine was a weapon build to destroy the Borg.

It was never explained in Canon WHAT the Doomsday Machine actually was, where it came from or what it's purpose was.

We have destroyed another Doomsday Machine in STO... yet, no explenation of those points either.

I say once the Iconians are done this could be the next big thing for STO.

And what if we actually except all that soft-canon stuff about V'Ger beeing the source of the Borg?
V'Ger is gone, the Borg don't follow him anymore and have made up their own little directives, what if V'Ger comes back to clean up his mess after he realizes what he has unleashed into our Universe
V'Ger might even be the source of the Doomsday machines to counter the Borg....

uuuuh now all kinds of crazyness is going on in my head...
actually I find this rather interesting !!!

V'ger and the Borg related ?? Possibly .. more like DISTANT relatives where the original planet of machines that found V'ger, cleaned it up , and build a massive ship for it to "carry out its mission" to "learn all that it can" (to paraphrase) ... Some how the mission to "learn all it can " .. became "conquor all it can" and there by forcing humanoids to "service" them. The "infestation" matter seemed to be satisfied when V'ger burned out the circuit in order to get the creators attention. V'eger wanted to meet with the "creator" (not neccessarily GOD as McCoy presumed .. but the one responsible for her existance) V'ger "joined" with Decker out of a need to complete its programming .. (supposedly to jump to the next logical step in evolution). Had the Borg encounterd V'ger (unless in massive numbers) .. the probablility is that the Borg would have came out on the short end of the stick.

IMHO V'ger transported itself so far away that the Borg were of no concern.

As for V'ger and the Borg .. probably a common ancestry ... unquestionably BUT with entirely different driving forces that seems to motivate and drive them. Since we have no clearly definitive source of WHERE or WHEN this may have taken place we can only speculate at best.

That said ... IMHO it should be interesting if V'ger shows back up. Who knows the attitude, intention or means of our next contact. IMHO it would also be funny as everything if the Borg show up in mass numbers only to have V'ger show up and be convinced to "take care of the situation" .. sending the Borg home with their tails tucked between their legs !!
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlBuzzard
actually I find this rather interesting !!!

V'ger and the Borg related ?? Possibly .. more like DISTANT relatives where the original planet of machines that found V'ger, cleaned it up , and build a massive ship for it to "carry out its mission" to "learn all that it can" (to paraphrase) ... Some how the mission to "learn all it can " .. became "conquor all it can" and there by forcing humanoids to "service" them. The "infestation" matter seemed to be satisfied when V'ger burned out the circuit in order to get the creators attention. V'eger wanted to meet with the "creator" (not neccessarily GOD as McCoy presumed .. but the one responsible for her existance) V'ger "joined" with Decker out of a need to complete its programming .. (supposedly to jump to the next logical step in evolution). Had the Borg encounterd V'ger (unless in massive numbers) .. the probablility is that the Borg would have came out on the short end of the stick.

IMHO V'ger transported itself so far away that the Borg were of no concern.

As for V'ger and the Borg .. probably a common ancestry ... unquestionably BUT with entirely different driving forces that seems to motivate and drive them. Since we have no clearly definitive source of WHERE or WHEN this may have taken place we can only speculate at best.

That said ... IMHO it should be interesting if V'ger shows back up. Who knows the attitude, intention or means of our next contact. IMHO it would also be funny as everything if the Borg show up in mass numbers only to have V'ger show up and be convinced to "take care of the situation" .. sending the Borg home with their tails tucked between their legs !!
I really love that idea. Having the "Machine Race" and the Borg having a common ancester, where one branched off on a cybernetic revolution and eventually becoming the Borg. The other machine race left behind their homeworld on a seperate path of learning.

Since there was a similarity in ancestery, that would explain why the Narada was able to communicate with V'ger, and they not ending up assimilating one another.
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-28-2011, 07:18 AM
Now I know the klingons say they got busted up first and then kirk had it easy but don't forget the the Epsilon XI station go data patterned too.
Lt. Commander
# 104
02-28-2011, 07:31 AM
The station was attacked, they really didn't have much of a choice.
The KDF went to investigate first and got pwned.
Kirk saw what happened to the klingons and said "Oh....that was going to be my first move. I guess I will try another approach".
The other way around, if the enterprise got one-shotted after firing torpedoes, the klingons would have simply got out thier batleths.
End of movie.