Lt. Commander
# 141
02-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBuck
This mission needs to be Remastered. It would be nice to be able to know something was wrong with Zelle and catch "her" before going around killing Romulan doctors trying to stop a pandemic. I've played this mission once and I won't do it again because I feel like I'm carrying an Idiot Ball.
Not sure if it is possible, but if this mission does get remastered I would like to see this;

If you complete this mission, you no longer see Admiral Zelle at SB39. Replace her with some other officer for those that completed the mission while those who have not continue to see Zelle. It is very immersion breaking to have exposed her, then return to T'Nae and see the traitor still there.
Lt. Commander
# 142
02-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Necro Thread Crits for ovar 9000
Lt. Commander
# 143
03-03-2011, 10:43 AM
I don't mind the necro here because this mission is still ridiculous.

I don't mind being duped as the plot for a mission. It's actually a refreshing change from all the praise that MMOs typically heap on you for minor tasks. So the idea is clever.

What's not clever is it being so obvious that the Romulans are civilian researchers and that Zelle is lying to you.

This needs to be remastered so that the non-combat nature of the facility is less obvious. Either that or you need an option to do something clever yourself once you figure it out.

Perhaps you could surrender in a nice dramatic Star Trek VI style moment and then fight the Undine alongside the Romulans or something, still causing a diplomatic incident but redeeming the Federation's honor somewhat.
Lt. Commander
# 144
03-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Quote:
I don't mind the necro here because this mission is still ridiculous.

I don't mind being duped as the plot for a mission. It's actually a refreshing change from all the praise that MMOs typically heap on you for minor tasks. So the idea is clever.

What's not clever is it being so obvious that the Romulans are civilian researchers and that Zelle is lying to you.

This needs to be remastered so that the non-combat nature of the facility is less obvious. Either that or you need an option to do something clever yourself once you figure it out.

Perhaps you could surrender in a nice dramatic Star Trek VI style moment and then fight the Undine alongside the Romulans or something, still causing a diplomatic incident but redeeming the Federation's honor somewhat.
Fantastic ideas! Now, if we can find but a single person in power who cares enough to see the mission corrected, or improved.
Lt. Commander
# 145
03-03-2011, 01:05 PM
(A year's bump? Nice. But you're right, it's still a (the same) problem.)

I agree with those who've gone before. This mission needs to be changed to give the player an option besides following through or dropping it. I kept waiting for an opportunity to refuse to continue, as Picard and his crew did in "Conundrum", or to actually turn the tables on the deceiver, as in "Allegiance". I got neither, as my captain was railroaded into a war crime.

If Starfleet discipline was anything more than a joke here, this mission would literally be a game-breaker: our character(s) would be relieved of command and tried before a court-martial. If exonerated due to extenuating circumstances, they would still probably never be given another command position. Congratulations, Lt. Cmdr: GAME OVER.
Lt. Commander
# 146
03-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
Not sure if it is possible, but if this mission does get remastered I would like to see this;

If you complete this mission, you no longer see Admiral Zelle at SB39. Replace her with some other officer for those that completed the mission while those who have not continue to see Zelle. It is very immersion breaking to have exposed her, then return to T'Nae and see the traitor still there.
This is true of the Ambassador for the P'jem mission as well. He's still standing around ESD even after he's killed as an Undine.