Lt. Commander
# 11
02-28-2011, 08:32 AM
To those who say that the Remans have anything in common with the Feds are ignoring the main storyline missions, specifically in teh Hobus sector, and the plethora of DSE encounters where entire armadas are trying to kill us.

Obisek doesn't even qualify as an exception. He is manipulating te Federation to get what he wants. I assume he is also manipulating hte Klingon empire but I've not played very far wiht my Klink. He doesn't give a rats ass about us. Even if he did. The exception does not the rule make.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSterling
Romulan BO's would become available to Fed players. (since Ambassador Spock had been working with a group of Romulans to encourage Reunification this becomes plausable as well as at least two missions already in existence that has Fed players aiding a Romulan colony.)
I agree, Romulan BO's would be nice for now. I've always wanted peace between the Federation and the Romulans. I'd hoped it'd happen after Nemesis, when the Federation gained an ally in Donatra.

Quote:
Reman Bo's (Very Rare purple) would become available to Klingon players. (In this case, Remans would side with the Klingons due to mistrust of Humans...ala Shinzon plus they would associate due to both being warrior races.)
While having Remans as allies does kind of make since due to their warrior natures, it doesn't explain why no Remans would want to join the Federation, especially since the Federation is helping their resistance (the latest episode), at least to some degree.

Quote:
But there's more...

Klingon's would then get the ability to use the Scimitar class ship.

Fed's would get a Romulan battle cloak. (This is where the Klingons will explode and quote the Treaty of Algeron. However, I've already thought ahead....)

The Fed battle cloak would NOT.....I repeat, would NOT engage during any confrontation with Klingon or Romulan forces no matter if it was NPC or PvP. The Fed battle cloak would ONLY work against Borg, Undine, and Dominion forces. (And the Feds DO use cloaks.....see Star Trek- Insurrection.)
Not a huge fan of Klingon's getting access to the Scimitar, or Fed's getting a Romulan battle cloak, especially since it would be useless for PvP. The Klingon's have enough cool ships. We only need BO's to hold us off until the Romulan faction comes out.

The Cloaking subsection of the Treaty of Algernon needs to be ended anyways. It never made sense why the Federation had signed the darn thing in the first place. The Romulans kill thousands of Federation citizens at a base, then crash a warbird into the asteroid to cover it up, and the Federation signs a treaty giving up their rights to a cloaking device!? A load of bull if you ask me. Do away with it.

Quote:
But wait....what about the Romulan Faction?? They're getting the short end of the stick now right?? Wrong.

The Romulan Faction would obviously be comprised of Romulan, Reman, and Hirogen personnel and ships as they are now but that's not all........
Sounds fine to me.

Quote:
Empress Sela is desperate to rebuild the Romulan Empire to it's former glory so what would be better (and be plausable) than for her to make allies of the True Way Cardassians. This would add Cardassian and Jem'Hadar personnel and ships to the Romulan Faction roster. (Sela might even work out a deal with the Terran Federation...imagine those possiblities.)

But wait, there's still more.....
Not a fan of combining the Romulan and Cardassian factions. I want a full Cardassian faction, preferably a Detapa Council based one that's loosely allied with the Federation (after their rights to field military fleets are given back of course). I'm a huge fan of the Detapa Council based Cardassian faction, as both Elim Garak and Natima Lang served as leaders of the Detapa council (and they are my two favorite Cardassians).

Quote:
Along with this would come new melee weapons such as: Romulan Honor Blade, Reman dagger (like Shinzon had), the Jem'Hadar melee weapon (can't remember the name), and something cool for the Cardassians.
More melee weapons are always good. I want that Romulan axe from the new movie as well.

Quote:
Oh, and before I forget, Romulans should come with three distinctive traits as these define the Romulans. (Passionate, Cunning, and Honorable) Yes, Romulans do have a code of honor.
Sounds fine to me.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-28-2011, 11:23 AM
I would also keep any Cardassians separate from the Romulans. Even if the True Way is opposed to the Federation, they are still distinct from the Romulans. But what happens to the Romulans could set a precedent for a Cardassian faction - split between True Way and regular...

I would prefer more of a dual story line, where players get to choose their faction as a Romulan, and can then team with either Feds or Klingons, rather than giving the Feds or Klingons anything from the Romulan factions. The interesting thing is playable Remans - are they automatically part of an anti-Sela faction, or are there more and more Romulans on both sides willing to give Remans command of a ship?

Also, regarding Donatra: you encounter her in one of the STFs, so that's a no-go :/ .
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-28-2011, 11:28 AM
I would prefer the Romulans/Remans and the Hirogen be a seperate faction.