Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
the point is would it hurt
No, but look at it his way.

(these are all made up numbers, but is probably why they aren't doing it.)

Total Fed Players: 250 (10% willing to buy stuff)
Total KDF Players: 50 (10% willing to buy stuff)

They can either devote time to make an item for the KDF or FED side that is $2. They make more profit from the FED item so they'll devote time to it.

They can either make $10 on the KDF or $50 on the Fed side with just the base number of players.

In a slightly different scenario, they get some more players by adding th item.

In the most favorable situation for the KDF, they got the item, and they ger 10 players read to buy it. They make $20 when they could make $50 on the Fed side with just the base characters.

Firstly, I think the real numbers are even more skewed in favor of the FEDs so it logistically makes no sense to do the KDF rather than the FED.

So, in closing, even if it brought a few new players in ,it still prolly won't offset the profit loss had they done it on the Fed side.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-27-2011, 10:20 PM
or when they create neutral things they would get 70% from 100% of the entire playerbase. and with things like shuttles aka the delta flyer creating the stats an stuff on them then creating 2 skins for it one for fed and one for kdf, even importing a skin from something within the kdf used npc used small ships would do and then making it one sale item so u buy it and u can then use it on the fed aka the delta flyer or on kdf the kdf varient.

btw i never said instead of fed, i said stop screwing over the kdf playerbase, would be great to see how many of the fed playerbase plays kdf too to the full extent of its limited content and how many feds would play kdf instead if there were more content to them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
or when they create neutral things they would get 70% from 100% of the entire playerbase. and with things like shuttles aka the delta flyer creating the stats an stuff on them then creating 2 skins for it one for fed and one for kdf, even importing a skin from something within the kdf used npc used small ships would do and then making it one sale item so u buy it and u can then use it on the fed aka the delta flyer or on kdf the kdf varient.

btw i never said instead of fed, i said stop screwing over the kdf playerbase, would be great to see how many of the fed playerbase plays kdf too to the full extent of its limited content and how many feds would play kdf instead if there were more content to them.
Yeah, but I'm just saying, if they would make money doing it, they would. Since they are not doing it, it is logical to assume they are not making profit off of it.

Making the KDF variant might be too much work, or why wouldn't they have already done it?

It's not like they sit around going, "How can we tick off a ton of players for no reason at all and make less money?"

Sorry, but saying they'd get 70% to 100% of the player base is a little ridiculous. There are a lot of players who don't use the C-Store or used it vary rarely. Maybe 50%, but any more seems overly optimistic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-27-2011, 10:40 PM
they already make money from people who are soley kdf players subs and we paid towards the development of diplomatic, reworking of esd, memory alpha redo. god knows how many fed ships compared to the kdf ships, the money we spent actually buying the game in the 1st place and the money we put in buying cryptic points. we arnt asking for the earth, we are asking to be treated like paying customers not idiots, if they make 1 dollar profit for a c store kdf item they done there job.

and how many kdf at this moment u think buy anything of the c store, because in all honesty what is there for us to buy except a ship or 2 an when we bought one we need not buy another because it is unlocked to our account.

btw it isnt logical to assume because they dont an never have done that they wont make money from it, thats like putiing a cat in a lead box walking away then finding a strainger and asking them is the cat alive or dead, its pure guesswork an there is no way of knowing until u try and find out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-28-2011, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
they already make money from people who are soley kdf players subs and we paid towards the development of diplomatic, reworking of esd, memory alpha redo. god knows how many fed ships compared to the kdf ships, the money we spent actually buying the game in the 1st place and the money we put in buying cryptic points. we arnt asking for the earth, we are asking to be treated like paying customers not idiots, if they make 1 dollar profit for a c store kdf item they done there job.
I agree, I want them to finish the KDF, I'm just saying that they aren't going to as long as they get more profit from the other side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
and how many kdf at this moment u think buy anything of the c store, because in all honesty what is there for us to buy except a ship or 2 an when we bought one we need not buy another because it is unlocked to our account.
I don't think many do. I don;t think an item or two will really make a big difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
btw it isnt logical to assume because they dont an never have done that they wont make money from it, thats like putiing a cat in a lead box walking away then finding a strainger and asking them is the cat alive or dead, its pure guesswork an there is no way of knowing until u try and find out.
First off, your cat comment doesn't fit the situation.

It is logical because, say I am developers.

I've got two sides, side B needs fixing. Side B is losing players and shriveling.
What possible reason would I have to not work side B over side A, unless I made more money working on side A?
Why would I be willing to slowly kill off subscribers and let money disappear from the game if It wasn't more profitable to work on the other parts as compared to fixing this part?

If you can answer those questions, I will admit you are right. That they are choosing to not work on something to make less money for the game that is currently funding their lives.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-28-2011, 11:15 AM
so your saying cryptic are purposly not putting as much effort into kdf (side B) content ingame an c-store in the full knowldege that it is slowly killing the kdf side and simply eggin the kdf along with promise after promise with little things done and a few ships slammed through c-store that if the kdf faction ever folds they can simply throw over to side A (feds)?

and the cat in a box fits perfectly, the bar minimum has been done to kdf since release an next to nothing on c store created for them. so they have no idea what a real content update would do to the kdf an adding items usable to the kdf that the playerbase wants.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
so your saying cryptic are purposly not putting as much effort into kdf (side B) content ingame an c-store in the full knowldege that it is slowly killing the kdf side and simply eggin the kdf along with promise after promise with little things done and a few ships slammed through c-store that if the kdf faction ever folds they can simply throw over to side A (feds)?
.
I'm saying they are slowly developing less Klingon Content than they are Fed Content, because Fed content makes em more money.

And you didn't answer my question, name a situtation where Cryptic would be doing either of those things.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I'm saying they are slowly developing less Klingon Content than they are Fed Content, because Fed content makes em more money.

And you didn't answer my question, name a situtation where Cryptic would be doing either of those things.
the fact that if play A is only federation and player B is only KDF. the fact is that both pay subs and both have equal rights to game content no matter how many are on either side. by giving the option to be one side or the other or both means that neither side should be held back for the other sides advancment be it via cosmetic,equipment or game changing content via missions or content.

there is already an inbalance within the game from launch with missions content and gameplay area but since then there has been further inbalance via ships, diplomatic content and development of passed content being reworked.

so as both players pay the same amount per month to play and towards content it matter not that one side has more paying customers then the other as both players pay towards the future content, reworking of old content and upkeep of the game. c-store itself is not within the realms of subscription but the fact of channeling all develpment of c-store into one side is in a sense racist towards the other side as even though there are fewer on the kdf side the money generated from c-store for specific items would cover the cost of dev as the kdf ships and costumes have shown.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-01-2011, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ngara
the fact that if play A is only federation and player B is only KDF. the fact is that both pay subs and both have equal rights to game content no matter how many are on either side. by giving the option to be one side or the other or both means that neither side should be held back for the other sides advancment be it via cosmetic,equipment or game changing content via missions or content.

there is already an inbalance within the game from launch with missions content and gameplay area but since then there has been further inbalance via ships, diplomatic content and development of passed content being reworked.

so as both players pay the same amount per month to play and towards content it matter not that one side has more paying customers then the other as both players pay towards the future content, reworking of old content and upkeep of the game. c-store itself is not within the realms of subscription but the fact of channeling all develpment of c-store into one side is in a sense racist towards the other side as even though there are fewer on the kdf side the money generated from c-store for specific items would cover the cost of dev as the kdf ships and costumes have shown.
So, what your saying is the KDF has the right for the Dev's to make stuff AND they would make more money. And yet, they still are not doing it. Either A) You are wrong or B) The company is choosing to lose money. Gee, I wonder which seems more likely.

I would like to say that I'm in favor of KDF expansion, I have 2 Klingons, but I'm just pointing out WHY they aren't doing it.

And you still didn't answer my questions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
So, what your saying is the KDF has the right for the Dev's to make stuff AND they would make more money. And yet, they still are not doing it. Either A) You are wrong or B) The company is choosing to lose money. Gee, I wonder which seems more likely.

I would like to say that I'm in favor of KDF expansion, I have 2 Klingons, but I'm just pointing out WHY they aren't doing it.

And you still didn't answer my questions.
im saying that as KDF player who pays subs we have the right to equal development, and im not saying they are chosing to not lose money by not developing kdf content ingame and c-store an neither making extra money by not producing kdf c-store items at the same rate as federation with cross factional c-store items like formal wear and merc sets.

But are you stating that they are chosing to not put as much development time into the kdf and only into the federation with core game systems like diplomatic and c-store items for the fact that they think it will lose money?

And as such that as a subscriber in only the kdf i am not getting the same ammount of service for my subscriptions as a federation based subscriber and as such should not have to pay as much subscriptions for this game or maybe actually pay subscription to a game that either has 1 side or gives equal content rights to both sides.


please answer me that.

and you shall find i did answer your question.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:57 PM.