i dont know if this has been brought up before, but with the new Duty Officer System and all of your future updates on that (which i look forward to btw ), is there talk of being able to assign your BO's to command a ship in one of your ship slots that can travel around in sector space and go on missions with you and stuff?
What happened to the plans of a bridge officer store? I'd really appreciate a way to acquire new bridge officers without having to suffer through the exchange and the dewindling overpriced options there.
The consensus is that photon/quantums and disruptor/phasers are the only things worth using because of their low skill point cost. Since all energy/projectile types are basically balanced, it really defeats the purpose of using any other types other than novelty or ignorance. What are your thoughts on "un-balancing" them or perhaps making them closer or same in skill point costs so that all types become viable again?
Are there any plans to opening up the ability of captaining multiple kinds of ships (escorts, cruisers, etc.) without being severely disadvantaged without respec'ing? Perhaps by breaking apart the bonuses a captain skill gets (hull, shields, speed, turn) into individual skill categories to replace the captaining skills and adding a category of experience for proficiency with a given kind of ship that can be training with additional missions/engagements.
I second the call for customizing the special mission reward bridge officers!
I think more realistic scaling would really add to the graphical appeal. It'd be fun to fly my escort and seeing it completely overshadowed by a borg cube (and taking it down).
The Private Messaging system is busted and annoying. Private messages need to pop over into their own private channel separate from Team or from Fleet or from Zone. So many times I'll PM someone and then have something quick to add, type it out and and it goes to the entire fleet or to the Zone (and never gets to my friend until I type it YET AGAIN!) instead of to my friend because I didn't right click them AGAIN to PM them. It's silly the way things work currently.
I think that if you click PM it should turn the chat box into a Firefox tab-style bar with left / right arrows to show hidden channels (if there are several open) so you can carry on multiple conversations at once and just flip back and forth. Maybe with a flashing indicator on that channel (in addition to hailing sound) to indicate when someone responds on that channel. And each channel could have a Firefox style [x] to close it, when you're done. Seems sensible to me. That way you're not always apologizing to the zone or the fleet or Local for errant messages, which are all too common.
Just my opinion. Hopefully a few others share it.
Would like to carry on a chat with my buddy and my fleet at the same time w/o one being privy to the other, unless the buddy is also in the fleet.
Will we be able to beam on board disabled ships and steal technology? Or have our own ships boarded and have to defend against intruders?
Hmm, that could be interesting... Kind of an even more annoying version of "Deep Space Encounter..."
Maybe it would be a smaller scale version of a DSE wherein a single or small squadron of ships encounter you, and engage you. No other enemies on the map. Either you defeat them and go on your merry way, or they defeat you and beam aboard and you and your merry crew of misfits must rout them in the corridors, mess hall, engineering, etc. Perhaps make them relatively easy to defeat (as long as you haven't stepped away) and if you fail to defeat them within some timeframe your ship gets injured or you lose some COMMON inventory item (the rare and very rare ones are too well guarded / secured). If you win, you get to loot their corpses for weapons, armor, energy credits, latinum, data samples, rare tribbles, etc. Heck, maybe if you win the space battle you get to board THEM as a mini-mission to take their crew captive for interrogation or as POW's, or just generally loot their ship for "contraband."
But, then, maybe that's getting TOO complicated?
Speaking of Deep Space Encounter, they are REALLY getting aggravating. Especially when trying to get somewhere for a team mission and getting intercepted 4 times in 10 mins for DSEs. Is there some way to tell the system "I'm on a mission to help friends, stop interrupting me!"?? I mean, seriously, plot a different course or something, helmsman! Take the LONG way 'round...
But seriously, getting intercepted 4 times in 10 mins while on patrols with a group of friends was VERY annoying and pretty much had me getting censored by the chatbox, that's how frustrating a "feature" it is. Could there be some rule that if you're part of a team, DSEs won't actively seek you out?
Speaking of seeking out & DSEs, sometimes I go to find DSEs or rather go to find enemy craft, tail them forever and they never convert to DSEs. Could there be some way of initiating a DSE with an enemy you're tailing. Like, for instance, kitting the space bar to fire on them or 'F' to hail them? IT seems silly that they can intercept me, but I CAN'T intercept them! A little reciprocity, please?? If they can ruin my day, why can't I ruin theirs??
Before I list of some questions, I just want to say STO has MASSIVELY improved since I joined. I'm really looking forward to where STO is this time next year. Now, without too much delay:
1) Can we get ANY information regarding fleet starbases, or what additional support features fleets can look forward to?
2) What's the latest on the duty roster & assigning bridge officers to key staff positions? (Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Chief Engineering Officer, Chief Science Officer, Chief Security Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Ship's Counselor, maybe even a Chief of the Boat/Ship, etc. - the list of potential assignments is fairly long)
3) When can we expect the other known NPC races (Caitan, Benzite, etc) to be available as bridge officers?
4) When will it be possible to acquire more bank tabs for personal & fleet banks? There is a serious need for this.
5) What's the latest of the level cap?
6) Is Open PvP, at least, on the table for discussion? I know there was some debate on this, but Open PvP will certainly bring a better "feel" to players combating each other. Coming from a player that really finds no enjoyment in PvP, this concept really peaks my interest.
7) Typhoon-class & Jupiter-class ships for the Feds, not to mention the various ships mentioned already ... when can we expect to see these? These ships, along with several others, have been requested & asked about NUMEROUS times.
8) What ideas are floating around regarding the currency system in place? I know there is talk about "cutting the fat," & many players are curious to know more on this subject.
9) Additional, functional, ship interiors (Shuttlebay, Obseervation Lounge, a Holodeck, a Brig, etc). Any news on when players can see these on their ships? In addition to functionality, when can players actually use their Engineering, Sickbay, & Lab onboard for repairs, healing, & crafting?
10) STFs ... when will they get some fixes & when can we look for the new STFs to be ready for players?
When will we get better drops on Elite. It just seems there is no reason to do Elite. And when can we get at least Mk XI gear for doing STF's on VA. My fleet did Infected on VA, Elite and no MK XI drops. How can you ask a VA to do an STF on VA Elite and give the MK X gear? When will we get the difficulty slider for the STF's?