Lt. Commander
So one thing I like in games in general is parity, keeping things equal..thoughnot necessarily the same. It helps keep balance, reduces complaining and makes all factions as fun and as rewarding as the others.

With regard to Story we know Cryptic is working on proper klingon PVE storyline content finally and that is awesome and we also got access to Crafting not so long ago which is also awesome..however one facet of unbalance still remains on the table.

Notably the Diplomacy system, the feds have a second albeit smaller ranking system tied to diplomacy that gives some cool new, relevant bonuses and that is also awesome , however I would like to see some similar sub rank system applied to klink side also.

To cut a long story short I've been giving this some thought lately and obviously DIPLOMACY wouldnt be right for Klinks at all so I considered things that maybe and then an Idea occured to me in the advent of the melee weapons introduced of late.

Why not Tournaments. In TNG we see Worf go to a melee tournament so its fairly canon that such things exist. Also when we first make a klink we have to fight in a competition to get our crew, also in the first klink storyline they added since release we also get to take part in one, and now we have collosium where again we get to compete mano-e-mano.

So how about a sub rank system for unarmed warrior prowess as our answer to the feds diplomacy sub sytem?

We could take part in tournaments against NPC's same rules as collusium no devices orconsumables against various opponents as a daily if we succeed we get some rep points towards our warrior title of which there would be a similar number as the diplomacy system with some comparable and appropriate benfits for us klinks... maybe even finally earning ourselves the title of Dahar Master or some such for the final rank.

this would also be a great reason to add some of the assets to PVP arena type maps, as well as more costume pieces and melee weapons to use..maybe even some more melee specific kits..

Just a thought, comments?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWolf View Post
So one thing I like in games in general is parity, keeping things equal..thoughnot necessarily the same. It helps keep balance, reduces complaining and makes all factions as fun and as rewarding as the others.

With regard to Story we know Cryptic is working on proper klingon PVE storyline content finally and that is awesome and we also got access to Crafting not so long ago which is also awesome..however one facet of unbalance still remains on the table.

Notably the Diplomacy system, the feds have a second albeit smaller ranking system tied to diplomacy that gives some cool new, relevant bonuses and that is also awesome , however I would like to see some similar sub rank system applied to klink side also.

To cut a long story short I've been giving this some thought lately and obviously DIPLOMACY wouldnt be right for Klinks at all so I considered things that maybe and then an Idea occured to me in the advent of the melee weapons introduced of late.

Why not Tournaments. In TNG we see Worf go to a melee tournament so its fairly canon that such things exist. Also when we first make a klink we have to fight in a competition to get our crew, also in the first klink storyline they added since release we also get to take part in one, and now we have collosium where again we get to compete mano-e-mano.

So how about a sub rank system for unarmed warrior prowess as our answer to the feds diplomacy sub sytem?

We could take part in tournaments against NPC's same rules as collusium no devices orconsumables against various opponents as a daily if we succeed we get some rep points towards our warrior title of which there would be a similar number as the diplomacy system with some comparable and appropriate benfits for us klinks... maybe even finally earning ourselves the title of Dahar Master or some such for the final rank.

this would also be a great reason to add some of the assets to PVP arena type maps, as well as more costume pieces and melee weapons to use..maybe even some more melee specific kits..

Just a thought, comments?
I like the idea, although I have to point out a few things. Tactical captains are the ones that have skills to benefit the most when it comes to melee, so they might have to work out a way for Sci and Eng to compete on the harder challenges if they can't use their skills. Also Dahar Master sadly is reserved for our next rank if memory serves me right (sorry too much Blood Wine).

As for diplomats, Klingons do have them, our method of diplomacy is just a little different. I think the most favored idea right now is supplying weapons for Aid the Planet missions and the other idea would be offering our support and absorbing them in to our Empire...of course by a Klingon method. Tell them there are now part of the Empire, if they don't agree...bombard the planet and send down troops till they do agree.

I really like the idea of rewards from doing the tournaments though! There have been a few threads covering the idea of a Melee Tournament PvP and PvE or even a daily, this could be added to it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekTheStars
I like the idea, although I have to point out a few things. Tactical captains are the ones that have skills to benefit the most when it comes to melee, so they might have to work out a way for Sci and Eng to compete on the harder challenges if they can't use their skills. Also Dahar Master sadly is reserved for our next rank if memory serves me right (sorry too much Blood Wine).
Preventing use of abilites and consumables liek they did in Colliseum would be adequate. They could also then use your reputation for prowess as a way to influence conversations like Diplomacy does for the feds in other storylines then. Via Intimidation or show of strength etc..

Quote:
As for diplomats, Klingons do have them, our method of diplomacy is just a little different. I think the most favored idea right now is supplying weapons for Aid the Planet missions and the other idea would be offering our support and absorbing them in to our Empire...of course by a Klingon method. Tell them there are now part of the Empire, if they don't agree...bombard the planet and send down troops till they do agree.
No doubt, but no reason to repeat diplomacy as that is intrinsically a federation facet, better to focus on something that is more intrinsically Klingon for thier sub feature like Combat Prowess, reputation etc..

Besides I magine diplomats in the empire arent viewed with much better light than say legal councils, whereby the job is seen more as a punishment than a creer lol

Quote:
I really like the idea of rewards from doing the tournaments though! There have been a few threads covering the idea of a Melee Tournament PvP and PvE or even a daily, this could be added to it.
cool, I just think it would be really nice if we klinks also had a sub system to balance the books seeing as the feds have thier diplomacy etc.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWolf View Post

No doubt, but no reason to repeat diplomacy as that is intrinsically a federation facet, better to focus on something that is more intrinsically Klingon for thier sub feature like Combat Prowess, reputation etc..

Besides I magine diplomats in the empire arent viewed with much better light than say legal councils, whereby the job is seen more as a punishment than a creer lol
I totally agree! I was hoping for a more Klingon approach like Disinformation Officer, Military Governor and Imperial Overseer.

I guess we'll have to see what Cryptic wants to do. I'm hoping for both to be honest
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2011, 05:10 PM
i had a good idea call "Subjugation". But i really don't think cryptic will do a diplomacy-like system for KDF. Mostly because they said they were so long ago and nothing materialized. Not even the design idea.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2011, 05:15 PM
This was my go at the kdf diplomacy system. I thought it mirrored the fed's pretty well and that it would be straight forward to implement it this way.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=198132

But it seems the sto community isn't all that interested in this. (there has been other threads, but little views).

If you like the ideas there, say so in the thread
Lt. Commander
Politics! The Only Thing I know about The Klingon Empire, is it is an Empire of Noble Houses. Maybe a Round Robin Raise in Ranks of Klingon Noble Houses which are seperate and equal, yet Uniquely different as per House and Each Clan Within Each House. The Klingon High Council Should Have the Highest Moral and Ethical Standards Compared to the Other Communities in STOL PvP and PvE. Naming Standards, and Contextual Discipline must be more stringently higher standard than the Other Crowds. The Missions of the High Council Should Have it's Missions Per Administration Department, like Training Recruits, or Supporting Logistics, or Family Relations, Clan Relations, Inter-House Relations, or Building and Maintaining Infrastructure, Recruiting, Priming and Remoralizing Non-Combatant Citizenry and Aliens, Garrison, Colonial and Munincipality Government Administration. Princes and Princesses and Descending Personal Officer's Noble's Ranks within The Empire has Offices like that of the Governors, Chiefs of Staff, Arsenal Custodians Office, Imperial Armada Academy Recruitment and Retention Office, Imperial Garrison Logistics Cadres, Imperial Armada Academy Moral and Ethical Integrity Preservation Office, Garrison Combat Duty Indoctrination Office. Logistics missions may include Surveying Sites for Mining Colonies, and Space Station Administration Missions; Recruitment and Retention Missions may include Academy Safety Training Quota Missions, House Clan Sponsorships Marriages and Family Garrison Promotions and Inductions.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinker-Slaughter
Politics! The Only Thing I know about The Klingon Empire, is it is an Empire of Noble Houses. Maybe a Round Robin Raise in Ranks of Klingon Noble Houses which are seperate and equal, yet Uniquely different as per House and Each Clan Within Each House. The Klingon High Council Should Have the Highest Moral and Ethical Standards Compared to the Other Communities in STOL PvP and PvE. Naming Standards, and Contextual Discipline must be more stringently higher standard than the Other Crowds. The Missions of the High Council Should Have it's Missions Per Administration Department, like Training Recruits, or Supporting Logistics, or Family Relations, Clan Relations, Inter-House Relations, or Building and Maintaining Infrastructure, Recruiting, Priming and Remoralizing Non-Combatant Citizenry and Aliens, Garrison, Colonial and Munincipality Government Administration. Princes and Princesses and Descending Personal Officer's Noble's Ranks within The Empire has Offices like that of the Governors, Chiefs of Staff, Arsenal Custodians Office, Imperial Armada Academy Recruitment and Retention Office, Imperial Garrison Logistics Cadres, Imperial Armada Academy Moral and Ethical Integrity Preservation Office, Garrison Combat Duty Indoctrination Office. Logistics missions may include Surveying Sites for Mining Colonies, and Space Station Administration Missions; Recruitment and Retention Missions may include Academy Safety Training Quota Missions, House Clan Sponsorships Marriages and Family Garrison Promotions and Inductions.
Paragraphs are your friend, EMBRACE them
Lt. Commander
# 9 Skald's Arise
02-28-2011, 05:57 PM
I had a quick flash of inspiration ... not sure how to implement it yet, but let me get it out there.

We often think of vikings as nothing but brainless barbarians but in fact during the viking age there was a special class of warriors known as the skald. Skalds were warrior-artists renowned for their skill with poetry and music as much as their skill with axe and sword. They would perform poems about great heroes of the past, learn and recite the family lines of kings, and composed songs to celebrate their victories in battle. Skalds of great talent would receive favors from powerful lords, be asked to perform in the courts of evan rival kingdoms and sometimes were sent as emissaries to use their art to soothe warring clans.

How many times has the klingon love of music, poetry, opera, and theater come up over the various Trek series? Ever heard Shakespeare in the original Klingon?

Why not a system where a klingon could gain diplomat-like abilities and benefits but do it through the very klingon act of composing poems and operas about how they pwned their helpless enemies?