Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Hey everyone! Like most of you I have been really enjoying STO and think Cryptic has done a fantastic job!
Pausing for applause )


Now - I would love a Television Series set in the STO universe. I know Paramount is busy with Star Trek 2, and they likely view a television series not set in the alternate universe as a conflict. However, I was wondering if there is a way whether it be a petition, letters, etc, we could contact Paramount and express this interest.

Dev's - Stahl - this could really benefit the game. Imagine a television series with an active game, that is already established, and is growing a methos... Let's start casting Obsesek!
However - we could use your help. If we made the efforts mentioned above, would you present this to your paramount contacts?

The timing right now is perfect. There is currently no new scifi- based show airing in the US that is not cable based. Even long running cable based shows like Stargate have been canceled. They would have a wide open field, and since it has been such a long time, there is a pent up demand.

Thanks all for reading!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-28-2011, 03:27 PM
There isnt no new sci-fi anything at the mo.No new sci-fi films or Tv series.I would love a new Star trek series,especially with all the technology they have these days.Its a shame they left it so long because alot of the old actors are to old now.Man What id give to see Ds9 during dominion war with todays special effects.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-28-2011, 03:31 PM
They were cancelled for good reason. Sci-fi is either hit or miss.

No one wants to take the risk. As long as things are the way they are, it will be 10 years> before we see a new Trek series.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.MarkusKarter View Post
Let's start casting Obsesek!
Clancy Brown as Obisek. There is no other alternative.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Star trek will not be back on tv ever again
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Star trek will not be back on tv ever again
I sure hope your wrong.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbieZ View Post
They were cancelled for good reason. Sci-fi is either hit or miss.

No one wants to take the risk. As long as things are the way they are, it will be 10 years> before we see a new Trek series.
Ten is being conservative - I'd be surprised if we see anything in the general style in ten years, let alone Trek specifically.

Sci-fi's been doing badly. Most of the new series in recent years have failed, the one that fell bass ackwards into real success ended up making its writers cut themselves because they were expecting to get canceled before they had to figure out how to resolve anything.

The one network that would probably take the gamble on a new Trek series comes with a price CBS will never pay - the same creative control disputes that killed Farscape and almost killed Stargate. And that was a long time ago - when a Scifi channel original actually had a chance to be pretty decent and have something resembling production quality, and not Sharktopus vs. Mechamonkey.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek765 View Post
Its a shame they left it so long because alot of the old actors are to old now..
I think old actors adds more to the series methos especially since STO is set several decades away from the last series we saw, it would fit perfectly.

Most video games start towards the end of a television series run too, which is usually bad for the hype of the game, this could bring new life to STO and even more money to cryptic to push the game's development cycle.

Could you imagine watching an episode and then being able to play through the episode as your own captain.... EPIC... *puts a quarter in the jar*
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Star trek will not be back on tv ever again
is there an educated reason why you say that or was that a guess based off your gut feeling.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.MarkusKarter View Post
I sure hope your wrong.
same. but the odds are, by the time CBS has enough confidence in the IP again, TV will no longer be the medium for entertainment
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 AM.