Lt. Commander
# 31
02-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Over all the C-store DOES seem to be short changing us in quite a few ways lately. Small examples include having to buy items that have no counterpart for either opposite faction or even opposite sex, Ships that are 1200 AT points or $25 that don't work on or give counter part to the other faction. I honestly feel that the Dreadnaught should unlock the destroyer or vice versa. Especially since they nerfed them and they're no longer as effective as they should be. But now with the new items today it seems like there is already a bit of disconcern as to what all we're not getting for our money's worth.

Luckily though they seem to have a decent track record for STO and making fixes based on what the Fans ask, so please please please Make the C-store a little bit more about what we get for the money rather than just what we give the money for.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-25-2011, 08:55 PM
I've long looked forward to the Open Jackets and I've tried to remain open minded about how it might not have turned out to be quite like the PC Gamer covers after all. I was also strongly considering purchasing them for the same reason I purchase the Delta Flyer despite my great interest in seeing it crafted instead - to promote the STO Dev team and fuel more content.

However, after looking at the previews in-game, I sadly must note that I'm not presently inclined to use my Atari Tokens to purchase these. They're unfortunately a cool idea done halfway and really not what I was looking for - to my dismay, I feel disinclined to replace any of my current B1 uniforms on my Boffs and the Admiral Jacket on my captain with this. I badly wanted to like them, but I can't conjure that feeling when it doesn't feel all that deserved - and that despite the hard work I'm sure went into them.

As for the weapon pack, I'm uninterested in paying for the Vulcan Combat Shovel or the over-ornamented Bat'leth. I've my own Borg Killing Bat'leth earned thorugh doing the super-grueling STFs and unless it's a retractable/unfolding sword like Sulu had in the 2009 Star Trek movie, it just doesn't spark my interest. I'll just keep using my hand phaser or my fists if need be... because my captain can kung fu.
Lt. Commander
I'm waiting for that sword too!

It's going to be in the game at some point and I want one!

At the moment, all we have a dual hand melee weapons.

I want a one handed weapon.
Specifically, a sword.
Any kind of sword, as long as it's sharp and long.

A Jem'Hadar kar'tarkin would also be appreciated, even if that's also a two handed weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-26-2011, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notion
Honestly, I have to add to the voices of disappointment. The uniform pack is fine, but why not give truly open jackets for males as well? Where's the open-with-undershirt for females? Would it really have been that difficult to do both genders with both options? I think at least the price is right.
I have to agree with you on this one, they did a fantastic job on the uniforms, but it doesn't seem right to only have the woman's shirts open. The one thing I always loved about Trek was that they dreamed about a better future where we were equal, this does not seem to speak true for this uniform set. Honestly it just doesn't feel right on this one guys.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-27-2011, 07:03 AM
I t would have been beter if all jacket were completely open and not have some 1/3 open
Lt. Commander
I've been thinking about this and realized there's a flaw with the Deep Space Nine open shirt version.

They have a dark steely grey sleeveless tunic or t-shirt under their uniforms, made of a lightweight fabric.

As it stands now, the DS9 version is identical to some other uniform in the pack, not sure which one, can't remember it's name.

But the shirt underneath is a heavy two paneled tunic, not the DS9 one!
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-28-2011, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSpot
Still can't get the skirt color to match jacket color like we could prior to the uniform updates.
Yep - the trousers are fixed now but the best you can get for the skirts is a shade of dark grey, rather than black like the tops/trousers.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-28-2011, 03:19 AM
I purchased the weapon pack... I was disappointed. Only 2 weapons... and they were only green quality... for the price paid... they should have at least been better quality... and I think there should have been more choices. This is the first purchase from the C-Store that I was truly disappointed in. I purchased the Gal X which didn't really do it for me either... but even that did not feel like as much a let down to me as did the weapon pack.
Lt. Commander
# 39 More weapons needed
02-28-2011, 07:25 PM
After doing a few runs of Coliseum, I found at least two one handed swords.

A Nausicaan Tegolev Sword and a Tsunkatse blade.

Why weren't these included in the melee pack?
About a day after acquiring the weapons from the melee pack, I deleted them in favor of the weapons I already had (Shard Sword of Kahless) or the one handed weapons I found during the mission.

I suspect Cryptic is going to make a melee weapons pack 2 with the one handed swords and charge us for that again.
All I can say is, I hope they learned from their mistake and make them blue weapons instead of green ones.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
After doing a few runs of Coliseum, I found at least two one handed swords.

A Nausicaan Tegolev Sword and a Tsunkatse blade.

Why weren't these included in the melee pack?
About a day after acquiring the weapons from the melee pack, I deleted them in favor of the weapons I already had (Shard Sword of Kahless) or the one handed weapons I found during the mission.

I suspect Cryptic is going to make a melee weapons pack 2 with the one handed swords and charge us for that again.
All I can say is, I hope they learned from their mistake and make them blue weapons instead of green ones.
I was wondering this as well. I certainly hope any further melee weapons in the C Store are just added to the current pack. If they thought they had a money-grubbing reputation now... hoo boy. Seriously though, it just wouldn't make sense, and wouldn't be fair to those who had bought the current pack.