Lt. Commander
# 1 Melée PvP on the agenda now?
02-28-2011, 09:09 AM
So we see you have the tech so when will we see a melée only PvP map?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2011, 09:20 AM
I don't know about a melee only PvP map for matchmaking, but they have said they're working on open PvP melee arenas for Vulcan, Andoria, Rura Penthe, and Qo'nos.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Yes I heard that but that would not be cross faction PvP as the zones are still restricted. I'd like to see a capture the flag style match that is melée only.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
Yes I heard that but that would not be cross faction PvP as the zones are still restricted. I'd like to see a capture the flag style match that is melée only.
Return to the Arena Map "coliseum" Capture the gate? :O
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2011, 05:38 PM
I would actually like to see melee PvP. However, right now the Tactical Captains have a serious advantage in that arena.

So hopefully with the ground revamp, everyone would have training in martial arts to help defend better in melee combat. Which I'm sure would be a boon when it comes to fighting Klingon Swordmasters.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Tactical captains do some damage, I agree, but you can't discount science officers either. A Vulcan or a Saurian with a melee weapon and dylovene can easily take out a tactical captain.

But then again if kits don't work, then yeah...the tacs have it easier.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
Return to the Arena Map "coliseum" Capture the gate? :O
OOOHHH what is instead of capture it is free the prisoners? You have an arena like in Coliseum except there are 6 portals total leading into the arena. 2 gates for each group to choose from to rescue the prisoners and 1 each for the starting portal into the arena.

You will start from the cage area of your side of the map between the two other gates and have to run into the arena to start the match and after you die.

Goal: Kill opponents in the arena and choose one of the 2 gates in the back and open it. One of those gates will free 5 prisoners that will run accross to the safty of your start zone. The other gate however, will unleash a group of wild beasts into the match. You must rescue 25 Prisoners from the enemy!

Each time you successfully find a group of prisoners 5 of them will attempt to run accross the arena to the other side. They are targetable and can be killed by either NPC beasts or opposing faction forces. Successfull rescue of 25 prisoners wins the match.

Once a gate has been opened and the contents released into the arena the gates reset so the outcome maybe the same or the opposite by choosing the same gate.

The opposing faction may not enter the opponents gates and the prisoner gates are a simple animation but lead nowhere else.

The only place you can go is from your start point into the arena. Once you enter the arena the only way out is to die(back to your start point) or win/loose to end the match.

I think this sounds like it could be a fun PvP matchup!