Lt. Commander
# 161
02-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjwmartin View Post
Dan, could you explain something that has been confusing me - why does it take so long to make a new PvP map?
LOL!!!!! Why, indeed! Just making a new uniform or a bridge takes weeks of resources, apparently. Meanwhile we got more clothing and face options when the Sims came out ten years ago.
Lt. Commander
# 162
02-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Want a new PVP map?
Yes, yes I do.

The game had nine maps at launch and one added post-launch. That's 10 maps with one of the factions billed as PvP in the months leading toward launch (something everyone at Cryptic took flak for).

However, ten maps isn't necessarily the most positive outlook for a PvP faction. Many here enjoy PvP (especially on the theory crafting side). You have the statistics on your end, so I won't comment on the numbers beyond this.

While territory control would be optimal (but further down the pipeline), you mentioned converting PvE maps to PvP ones. I really liked that idea: especially since maps from this series really begged for it (Coliseum? Vault?) It seems like this would be a simpler solution. However, what are obstacles from this happening?

You also mentioned open PvP instances a while back and discussing it with team members.

Is progress being made in either department?
Lt. Commander
# 163
02-27-2011, 05:19 PM
from what i've read, and noted from various other threads here as well, it's worth noting one thing.

even though these guys develop for star trek online, they do not have the borg collective backing them up..

Activision owns the collective. And they work for Blizzard. :p
Lt. Commander
# 164
02-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Like most players, I would like to see more than one Featured Series per Season, especially since the season updates seem to be getting more ambitious and therefore taking more time to develop.

But I don't have a problem with one Featured Series per Season given that the quality of past weekly episodes has been particularly high. If design does move in this direction, a few suggestions:

* Series Episode Length: Vary the length up. If the length of time between seasons increases, I'd enjoy seeing the number of episodes in an series increase. I realize this adds more development pressure, but I think the payoff for a longer series (in the players eyes) could justify it.

* Episode Diversity: The missions so far have featured a variety of gameplay, and that's cool! I think it would be neat to have "filler" episodes in the Featured Series that don't necessarily tie directly in to the story of the Featured Episodes or do so in a loose fashion. Example: In the 3rd weekly mission, we're sent to a location, but we suffer a critical engine failure while in route. Someone sabotaged our ship during our last Starbase layover! We have to deal with the situation on our ship (perhaps even defend ourselves) before we can resume our mission, but then it's too late, the mission is unable to be completed, and the plot picks up in the next week's episode.

*Locations: Artistically, I've really enjoyed the new locations in the past and present Series. I'd would enjoy seeing some future episodes that (like the one during the Breen arc) that required us to go to multiple locations/systems during an episode. The Breen mission where we were traveling around the Orellius sector was highly enjoyable and conveyed to me a sense of urgency..I'd like to see more inter-sector travel, if the story should warrant such.

Those are the only real suggestions I have at present. I look forward to seeing what the dev team comes up with as we move closer towards Season 4.
Lt. Commander
# 165
02-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.T.Picard
It was over 2 months between the featured episode series 2 and 3. This was due to the work being done on Season 3. Now we're finding out we arent going to see the next FE series before Season 4. If they keep up this trend, we're only going to be getting 1 featured episode series ever 3-4 months. That is simply not good enough.
It's good enough for me. I say this while having a life time subscription, but if you feel that the content is not worth it at any given time, just take a 1 or two month break. I don't believe the veteran rewards require you to consistently be subscribed to receive them, only have the commulative amount of days.
Lt. Commander
# 166
02-28-2011, 01:29 AM
I can't believe some of the petty complaining here. The devs work their arses off for us , I think we should be happy that people like Stahl even take the time to read these threads and respond to them and try and get useful feedback for the game. I've known plenty of other games where the devs and writers couldn't give a stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 167
02-28-2011, 01:35 AM
Maybe it would be just better to re-define the ****ent itself. Weekly episodes sounds like there's really an episode every week. Instead it's just a batch of five weekly episodes with a large break in between, so why don't we just call them "Featured Episodes", not "Featured Weeklisodes"? Then you're free to decide whenever you wish to release new ****ent and the people can't cumplain anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 168
02-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltark View Post
I can't believe some of the petty complaining here.
Oh Irony, how I enjoy thee!
Lt. Commander
# 169
02-28-2011, 07:50 PM
OP: I want more content more often.
Cryptic: We're doing the best we can with the resources available.
OP: That's not good enough: (goto 1)

At this point, I'd say that further discussion of this issue is pointless. The OP has stated his opinion, he's gotten an official response, he maintains his position in defiance of it; what more can (or should) be said?

You're unsatisfied. Okay. Now what? The ball is in your court, sir.
Lt. Commander
# 170
02-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
OP: I want more content more often.
Cryptic: We're doing the best we can with the resources available.
OP: That's not good enough: (goto 1)

At this point, I'd say that further discussion of this issue is pointless. The OP has stated his opinion, he's gotten an official response, he maintains his position in defiance of it; what more can (or should) be said?
You tell us. Your the one that replied and bumped the thread back to the top again.