Lt. Commander
# 21
02-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptNebuchadnezzar
Being that it is an opinion I highly doubt it requires qualification. Therefore the only nonsense is your response. I meant what I said, PERIOD.
I don't believe you. If there weren't a reason to be here, why are you?
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
I don't believe you. If there weren't a reason to be here, why are you?
Your opinion as to my honesty means next to nothing. Im here because I gave the game another chance.

I think you might find that your desire to get everyone to fall into lock step with your opinion will be in vain. Unfortunately for you people have their own minds.

This was fun, but im going to unthink about this for a while.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurama0900 View Post
I've been meaning to get back into this game, but I'd never earned enough money to maintain a subscription. Is the game worth it, now?
  • When did you leave?
  • What parts of the game interested you?
  • What did you wish the game would have at that time?

These would help in saying whether or not the game has improved enough that you'd enjoy it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublespeak
It's funny i haven't logged in since after the first month of release and decided to come back after reading this thread. I go to forums to, you know, get information kind of like the OP.

I don't think the OP cares and I certainly don't care whether you care, we are simply looking for information.
Why not just not post anything and move on to something you do enjoy or want to read? Why even bother posting?

In short, get over yourself and stay out of topics ify ou don't like them. They serve a purpose for others.

I hope most of the community is more mature than you so there is a reason to stay.
Unfortunately, you are getting a glimpse of what happens if you dare post anything not praising the game and"leaps and bounds" it has come.

TBH, the game has improved tremendously, that being said, i am one of those people hyper critical of the way it has been handled. The new staff is heads over heals better then the previous bunch. But, there always is a but, the game has a long way to go, but i play because i love the IP and internet spaceships.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentTyler View Post
Unfortunately, you are getting a glimpse of what happens if you dare post anything not praising the game and"leaps and bounds" it has come.

TBH, the game has improved tremendously, that being said, i am one of those people hyper critical of the way it has been handled. The new staff is heads over heals better then the previous bunch. But, there always is a but, the game has a long way to go, but i play because i love the IP and internet spaceships.
i get a good chuckle out of certain people who've ragequit the game, then come back and are still carrying on like a two bob watch about the state of the game. YET THEY"RE STILL HERE.

anything they say after that is just pure gold, ie laughs and giggles.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK-187
i get a good chuckle out of certain people who've ragequit the game, then come back and are still carrying on like a two bob watch about the state of the game. YET THEY"RE STILL HERE.

anything they say after that is just pure gold, ie laughs and giggles.
What does any of that have to do with the post you quoted?
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
What does any of that have to do with the post you quoted?
perhaps that was to subtle for you :p
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-28-2011, 11:57 PM
What I actually find amusing is the folks that like to stick their heads in the sand, even when a post is fair or constructive.

Perhaps you havent been here the first year. The game almost fell flat on its face. WE WARNED the devs in beta about the problems and they IGNORED US.

They are not ignoring us now.

The current staff deserves a HUGE amount of accolades for the amount of work they have done, and the fact that they not only wish to turn the game around from the absolute DOG that it was to a playable game.

But despite the wonderful work done, and the due diligence of the current staff, IMO the efforts were placed in the wrong side of the game...the game is hardly changed from entry to captain, most of the bugs and annoyances still exist, and to newcomers it seems, at least to some folks, like the game hasnt changed at all.

And thats not fair to the game. It is no longer a dog. It doesnt deserve to be called one now.

One more year and this game, IMO, will be sitting in the state it should have been at release. I was candid about that, that is what I believe, and that means next to nothing.

After all, its only my opinion. The OP asked for it, I gave it. I call it as I see it.