Lt. Commander
# 81
03-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I regret to inform you that re-opening a dormant thread is not actually allowed on these forums, regardless of what word you use.
save for the fact its not really "dormant, 2 days I'm willing to bet, is acceptable by stormshade; now a year, i think we can both agree is indeed dormant.
Lt. Commander
# 82
03-01-2011, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Solok
The team working on "re-mastering" is likely not the same team working on the foundry and other such updates, so chill. Whether they were re-mastering episodes or not has no bearing on the speed of the foundry update.
no, they probably are actually, the STO team is quite small, they probably have everyone on the team doing multiple things all the time, I really feel for them, they must have so much work to do! but hopefully they get paid enough and/or really love their job..
Lt. Commander
# 83
03-01-2011, 12:38 AM
I agree. I don't want to redo 98% of the game. I'm just not that way. Most games I play once in my life then never play again. Even ones I love. Remastering stuff really does nothing for me personally.
Lt. Commander
# 84
03-01-2011, 12:45 AM
The last post before mine was a month ago. Out of bounds?

Thank you all - this experience has been most informative.

USS Parallax: As I may have said elsewhere, most of my experience is with CoH, where one is expected, nay, INTENDED to run the content from 1-50 several times with various alts/builds. It's only in the last year or so that it's gotten an endgame worthy of the name. So such things do come along, eventually, if one is patient.
Lt. Commander
# 85
03-01-2011, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
The last post before mine was a month ago. Out of bounds?

Thank you all - this experience has been most informative.

USS Parallax: As I may have said elsewhere, most of my experience is with CoH, where one is expected, nay, INTENDED to run the content from 1-50 several times with various alts/builds. It's only in the last year or so that it's gotten an endgame worthy of the name. So such things do come along, eventually, if one is patient.
bah, i want the option to make the fonts larger on here. as i was scanning it, i missed the first digit, 2 days, yeah that's ok, a month, that, to me would be over the limit, my personal rule is 21 days, if that helps.

and yeah now I can see why the Nagus said what he did and it makes sense.... Now.. off to clean my glasses and try to figure out if i can make the fonts larger here.....
Lt. Commander
# 86
03-01-2011, 01:15 AM
Some games like WoW have enough content that you can run 1-2 alts almost completely on different content. In WoW my second character ran leveled on probably 80% new content. Even with WoW's crappy storyline that was more fresh then alts in STO where it's always the same.
Lt. Commander
# 87
03-01-2011, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
They chose to make you more of a Star in the rework of the episode, and as such they tailor the episode around your specific class, what ever it is.
Yes, making some PCs incapable of saving diddly squat SCREAMS 'starring role'.