Lt. Commander
# 1 Rear Admiral - Now What?
03-01-2011, 06:18 AM
On Sunday I ran Coliseum and it managed to push me to Rear Admiral. What a great way to reach the level cap. Kudos for the great episode.

However, I really am not sure what to do now. I would like to work on my Diplomatic XP so I can get to see a first encounter episode, but I am really not sure what to do from there. I don't see many new episodes or areas. Anyone have some advise for me?

Please bear in mind that my fleet died out months ago. It's only myself and my fiance that now play together.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2011, 06:20 AM
Well, there are STFs, crafting, pvp, those big group scenarios.

Find another fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexera
On Sunday I ran Coliseum and it managed to push me to Rear Admiral. What a great way to reach the level cap. Kudos for the great episode.

However, I really am not sure what to do now. I would like to work on my Diplomatic XP so I can get to see a first encounter episode, but I am really not sure what to do from there. I don't see many new episodes or areas. Anyone have some advise for me?

Please bear in mind that my fleet died out months ago. It's only myself and my fiance that now play together.
A pro tip: join another fleet with your fiancee. Active fleet and having someone to chat with doubles the player experience

Anyway:

You can go accolade hunting, PvE exploring (BTran ftw), you can start PvP. Leave diplomacy XP for exploration, it's faster than having to travel all over the galaxy for the diplomatic missions. You can replay all the episodes again - I did, most of them are wonderful.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2011, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexera

Rear Admiral is not level cap, Vice admiral is
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2011, 07:08 AM
The new series should have been VA only. I leveled my character with patrols, missions and explorations easily and was looking forward to each new episode when i already was VA. I am still doing my daily emblem runs and i am hunting down as many accolades as i can, 7165 points so far. If you don't craft your stuff you need 500+ for a whole set of Mk 11 gear and another 500 for a new ship if you have spent your free tokens already. MMOs are social games, means fun comes from doing stuff together, find a fleet.
STO is not a single player "new-mission-spamming-machine". Territory control is very popular in Star Wars Galaxies this could enhance STO also. In SWG you are more or less forced to pvp or pve in order to maintain your rank, which grants esceptional powerful abilities as long as you don't decay. Either kill a certain amount of enemy npc which takes forever to maintain or gain a new rank or pvp, which goes much quicker. With each rank you get access to stuff you can't get elsewhere, Buffs, armor, vehicles, weapons and much more. That's why those pvp zones (ground/space) are always crowded. I think this could be a good addition to STO as well.