Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 121
02-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Nice work, Merg! That pretty much confirms what I had figured out for the Tsunkatse. They also seem to be the same combos for the Nausicaan sword, but I haven't done quite as much playing with it yet.
Lt. Commander
# 122
02-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Nice work, Merg! That pretty much confirms what I had figured out for the Tsunkatse. They also seem to be the same combos for the Nausicaan sword, but I haven't done quite as much playing with it yet.
Hi all, thanks for helping to keep my guide alive. I agree that it needs a sticky! Please let your local forum moderator know

I haven't been playing actively lately but I expect I will be again once ground combat is revamped (I'm a LT). What can I say, it's my thing! I'm very happy that new melee weapons are being introduced and I'd like to thank Merg especially for supplying that data. I'll test it and integrate it into the guide as soon as I reasonably can.
Lt. Commander
# 123
02-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Great guide. I was pondering whether or not Martial Arts was actually useful, and I now see that the dynamics behind it lend it to different strategies.
Lt. Commander
# 124
02-28-2011, 02:30 AM
Are the Tsunkatse Falchion and the Nausicaan Sword identical in combo and function?
Lt. Commander
# 125
02-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasensal
Are the Tsunkatse Falchion and the Nausicaan Sword identical in combo and function?
It looks that way so far. I did a lot more testing with the Falchion, since I got it first, but everything I've done with the Sword is the same. Same combos, same animations.
Lt. Commander
# 126
03-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Is it for certain that the Lirpa combos are the same as the Bat'leth combos, just different animations?

I seem to have more trouble setting up an Expose/Exploit on the Lirpa for some reason. I've tried the Bat'leth keystrokes from the guide but it seems like I'm having more luck with random button mashing.
Lt. Commander
# 127
03-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merg View Post
Sorry for double post (though to be fair the other one is 20 days old!) but I went through the combos for the
Tsunkatse Falchion and the Lirpa. I have edited this post to more closely resemble the format used in the original guide.

Tsunkatse Falchion:

This one-handed sword is fast and it seems tough to get interrupted. The downside to using it seems to be less chances to Expose as compared to the Bat'leth or Lirpa. Because the Button 2 attack does not have a chance to Expose, the sword Exposes less overall than the other weapons. However, damage is good and the animations are pretty cool.

1 - Slash - Basic damage, 10% chance to Expose.

2 - "Heavy" Slash - Slightly more damage. Does not Expose.

12 - Spin - AoE damage, knocks back, 10% chance to Expose.

21 - Backslash - Cone damage, DoT, 10% chance to Expose.

111 (221) - Double Strike (EXPLOIT) - Cone damage, knocks back, Exploits.

112 (222, 212) - Cleave (EXPLOIT) - Single target, knocks back, does a LOT of damage if it Exploits.

121 (122, 211) - Spinning Jump - Single target, Disables, 10% chance to Expose.

Lirpa:

Lirpa's damage, speed, and combos are the same as a Bat'leth, though the Vulcan weapon has some unique animations. Refer to the original post for appropriate combos.
Thanks for adding the Sword moves; I was hoping this thread was still going.
Lt. Commander
# 128
04-03-2011, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Is it for certain that the Lirpa combos are the same as the Bat'leth combos, just different animations?

I seem to have more trouble setting up an Expose/Exploit on the Lirpa for some reason. I've tried the Bat'leth keystrokes from the guide but it seems like I'm having more luck with random button mashing.
I am about 95% sure they are the same combos as I remember doing a lirpa fight with a friend not too long ago. However they do seem inferior to a bat'leth and im not really sure why
Lt. Commander
# 129
04-03-2011, 03:59 AM
Sorry guys but this thread is out of date and needs to be closed
Closed Thread