Lt. Commander
All the Starfleet ships are bilateral, and all the borg ships are symmetrical. So how did we end up with 1 nacelle having an "assimilated whale crawler" on it and 1 engine (relevant point when there are more then one engines on the ship, such as the Prometheus) showing assimilated tech while giving off the green trail?

This is what I'm talking about.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...tos/borg-2.jpg

And just to take this a bit further...the rest of the borg tech appears bilateral, even the aegis set follows this trend. Not sure if this is intended, an oversight, or just me :p

Oh and another point further then the last, I am not an expert at all when it comes to space travel, (I would say I'm way lower then an amateur). But wouldn't an engine that is putting out way more energy then its "brother" engine, cause the ship to veer off to weaker engine's side? I am not sure if gravity is the cause of this, but I would think that it has nothing to do with it.

(The "brother engine" is the unassimilated engine that is producing less power then the assimilated one. No idea what the engine should be called, but brother gets the point across).

Final thoughts...
I know that you can turn the visuals off, no need to remind me
I am a sucker for symmetry, all men can relate to this...I'll leave this here to prove the point
( 0 Y o) or ( o Y o ) Hope that isn't against tos on the forums
The assimilated whale crawler nacelle thing doesn't bug me, its the fact that it isn't on any other nacelle that does. Also, if the nacelle part was removed and both engines just had the little assimilated tech on it plus the green trails, that would be fine. Actually it would be pretty damn awesome.

Thanks for reading :p
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2011, 10:30 AM
BTW, sorry for the poor quality pic, at least it shows what I need it to show though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Oh, it's because the whatnotgizmo is made from technobabblite and technobabblite respons badly to the presents of yaddadoodle reactors. Really.

Probably because some ships may have only one "engine port" - I dunno.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2011, 10:33 AM
I have seen the green coloring of the nacelles on multiple nacelles so this is an interesting question. I think to be honest, that it looks more haphazardly assimilated when it's a-symmetrical .

Is'nt the assimilated freighter from enterprise a-symmetrical?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2011, 10:41 AM
in fact thats one of the things i wondered..why only 1 impulse engine? why only 1 warp nacelle???

I had assumed a secondary borg kit would come out..but doesnt look like it......

I would much more prefer a symmetrical layout....that way i wouldnt forever have the visuals turned off..not a big fan of wonky ships
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Symmetry is irrelevant. Balance is futile.

Gym "Just to get that out of the way..." Quirk
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Borg assimilation doesn't seem to be a very symmetrical process. They upgrade what is required. One arm. One eye. One impulse engine. One warp nacelle.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym_Quirk
Symmetry is irrelevant. Balance is futile.

Gym "Just to get that out of the way..." Quirk
But all borg ships are symmetrical...it must be relevant. I think Data said something as to why this is or would be.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Because having large cubes on our nacelles would be ugly.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-01-2011, 10:55 AM
And why are they still green?
I mean, can't I paint my assimilated stuff a better color?