Lt. Commander
# 81
03-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Ganking is indeed lame. I always hated Cryptic in mixing PvE and PvP in that manner where it was too easy to exploit the Borg against other players in easily killing them in PvP.

Not only that it fuels much of the complaining in the Ker'rat zone chat.

Frankly, given all the negativity around PvP, at this point I honeslty wish Cryptic would get rid of it altogether. Especially those who taunt people to kill themselves or wish their families get killed. Just too much Cyberbullying in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 82
03-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Ganking is indeed lame. I always hated Cryptic in mixing PvE and PvP in that manner where it was too easy to exploit the Borg against other players in easily killing them in PvP.

Not only that it fuels much of the complaining in the Ker'rat zone chat.

Frankly, given all the negativity around PvP, at this point I honeslty wish Cryptic would get rid of it altogether. Especially those who taunt people to kill themselves or wish their families get killed. Just too much Cyberbullying in STO.
PvP is not something you HAVE to do. Also, you do not HAVE to go to Kerrat. And also: I haven't ever seen anyone taunting anyone to get killed or to kill someone's family. Such threats are actually criminal and can be prosecuted under law. If reported, that person WILL get banned.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 83
03-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
True, but they'd miss all those nice and expensive XII's. So what I am really asking is "If the ganking bothers you that much - don't risk it, but you'll miss out the rewards. If you go there and you get ganked - why complain, you knew the risks of an open pvp zone".
So your saying if a person chooses to go somewhere knowing what they'll find, then they cant complain, right? If so, then since it is common knowledge that people complain on MMO forums and you choose to come here anyway, then you cant complain about the complaining you find here
Lt. Commander
# 84
03-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
So your saying if a person chooses to go somewhere knowing what they'll find, then they cant complain, right? If so, then since it is common knowledge that people complain on MMO forums and you choose to come here anyway, then you cant complain about the complaining you find here
Oh there is a difference and we both know what it is, but I am not going to write that down, because that would be breaking the forum rules. Suffices to say, I don't complain at people complaining, I find these "discussions" entertaining
Lt. Commander
# 85
03-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I love you Nagus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
I haven't ever seen anyone taunting anyone to get killed or to kill someone's family. Such threats are actually criminal and can be prosecuted under law. If reported, that person WILL get banned.
I have seen such lame individuals in STO do that too many times to the point I relish reporting those individuals. Unfortunately, Cryptic takes such comments as seriously as the law requires them to do.
Lt. Commander
# 86 One man's crying
03-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Is another man's reasonable argument or complaint. Take away the ganking part of Ker'rat and our intrepid griefer would be crying, whining, and qq'ing in no time. And we'll just say "deal with it or quit if you don't like it" and the shoe will instantly be on the other foot. Saying someone else is crying or whining is a lazy way to argue and also shows less than stellar intellect. Which we've already seen an abundance of, and good riddance to it.
Lt. Commander
# 87
03-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
I don't want Ker'rat nuked.
I want it FIXED!!!
Signed.

This is our only open PvP zone let alone me & my buddy's make it a sport racing against one another to get first place. strongest, fastest & best build win's... I have to admit a science or engineering character don't always have enough DPS to get the kills/ destroy the objective before a Tactical runs of whit it

Kerrat has 3 problems that need fixing.
  • First of all, it needs a full reset every time the instance reset/ the mission starts over.
  • Second, the Borg being stuck in the geometry that has always been the main issue.
  • Third the spawn points needs to be better designated, Federation on one side, Klingon on the other.

If you think about it the first fix takes care of the second problem, if their is a full reset then the map can be altered so the Borg spheres, cubes & probes start of on a fixed location so they can not get stuck in the geometry.

Even an easier fix... force people to warp out ones the mission is completed, so that the instance automatically fully resets, I'm not a big fan of this but if that lets us keep our only open PvP so be it.

Their are even other options,

Even upping the difficulty slider on the Borg will help, instead of +4 make them beasts, +10 or + 12 give the Borg Probes tractor beams like in Kithomer, put in more Borg Tactical Cubes. (they only show up ones in a while far less then they used too)
This all so that completing the objective alongside Federation & Klingon hunting each other makes it allot harder & actually requires team play to complete.
Lt. Commander
# 88
03-02-2011, 07:47 AM
I am so signed onto not nuking this. I spent the day in there doing the mission as well as some really fun PVP. It's nice to have a zone where there is an actual mission you can focus on with the PVP function as well. Plus no que for the PVP part of it, you just have to deal with the reset every 2 minutes or so. Oh and the rewards are the icing on the cake too. Plus what will the people who spend their time in there do now? wander the galaxy in search of another ker;rat?