Lt. Commander
# 1 Character Recustomization
03-01-2011, 07:01 AM
About a year back character recustomization was mentioned here:

http://forums.tentonhammer.com/archi...p/t-49958.html

Any news about it?

I am still playing my 1st toon and have not the time to build a completely new one. Also there is that emotional link to a toon i have achieved most things so far.

But as it is with such a 1st toon thats created before one has a deeper knowledge of the gamemechanics, i would like to correct a thing or two to more closely fit it to my acutall playing style and ingame goals.

So a recustomization option for traits etc. would be a nice addition to the C-Store for me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2011, 07:26 AM
I was in support of this months ago, but now I do not see a reason to have this feature.

Why?

Like in real life we have things we do well, and not so well. I have a custom 'alien' whom I sort of screwed up the traits on. I wish I had taken Astrophysics for him, but I did not. Does it stop him from doing well in game? Not at all. I just wish I had the +10 in science skills.

This is what most everyone would do if they could reset the traits. Munchkins abound. Everyone would probably reset their traits to the same "famous 4" that give the best space based bonus. I support the idea of racial traits not being changed, and players learning to use what they have. If you find you messed up, then you will just have to reroll the character later. You will probably level faster the second or third time around. Also the addition of the skill boosts is a way to lessen that reroll time if you want to purchase them.

Some things are forever. Diamonds and Tatoos come to mind. Traits as well should be what they were initailly set up to be.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2011, 07:33 AM
I was once in favor of this too, but now I'm not. Everyone would have only one character if we could change 'everything' about them. Having said that, if you are a player who has limited free time, I can see how months spent building one character to re-build another could be very very time consuming.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2011, 01:42 AM
I see this option as a good service for the "casual" gamer mostly, to save him time, let him ajust his toon to his personal playstyle and even the ground to the rerollers.

The "reset into the famous 4" is already there. Reroll and level up, most diehard min/maxers have already done it.

The service would just allow us to do it with a toon one might have a totaly irrational but emotional bond to.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2011, 02:53 AM
If everyone wants and uses the same traits the system is "broken". There should be more viable options, than just four.