Lt. Commander
# 31
10-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Since we didn't write the initial code we have no idea how hard it is to add now.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-25-2010, 06:05 PM
all true but still the catians getting BOFFS is kinda mute at theis point even so i have to say they need to hurry up becouse even in spite of thier excuse i have to say not having them is makeing them feel like just as much a waste as it would be when thier first officers come out.

That having been said why dont they just drop converting first officers to playable and just give us the options to have them able to use kits and to hell with playing them at all.
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsquad_ace View Post
That having been said why dont they just drop converting first officers to playable and just give us the options to have them able to use kits and to hell with playing them at all.
Because a lot of players have asked for that ability and Cryptic is trying to be accommodating to its fan-base.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-25-2010, 06:43 PM
well of coarse they are, but you refer to this feature being a fan favorite, but the only fans I see are the lazy ones that want a free ride to captain. I could just level my own captain which has all the traits I actually want and put my own effort on it.

I'm sorry but it just seems like a redundant useless feature and no matter what no will ever convince otherwise. I can do with or without playing my damn first officer because i will just not use it.

Plus the huge killer of that argument is just let us skip the damned tutorial and move the effing hell on with our game.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-25-2010, 06:53 PM
I have 10 alts, 3 VA, 3 RA, 3 lower then RA, and 1 Klink Captain. I don't consider myself a lazy player simply because I think it might be cool to rank-up one of my BOs to a captain. It's a role-play thing. You either get it or you don't.

Beyond that no one's forcing you to use the feature, just as no one forces you to use the Difficulty Slider, but you're not everyone. They're not building the game just for you.

And also, they're already working on a way to bypass the tutorial.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-02-2011, 05:04 AM
Anyone updates on the Caitain Bridge officer? I'm surprised it's taken this long...