Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
title says it all

With the new approach of the MVAM Console beeing a console that you can switch arround, how about making the Galaxy-X Phaser Lance into a Weapon Slot Item and let me buy diffrent versions of it including diffrent Types of it like Tetryon, Disrutor, Plasma etc.

and maybe even Uncommon, Rare and Very Rare Versions with the same buff's as other Weapons usually have.

It realy bothers me that you have to max out the Phaser Skill to be effective with the Phaser Lance but if i am using Tetryon Weapons (i like Blue, so what?) i am forced to respec and get a bunch of new rare Phaser Weapons for a bunch of Emblems.

Not saying i would actually use this, i am very fond of my custom Sovereign variant but i think that is just an idea that makes to much sense to keep it to myself.

Make it so!

Oh... and Guramba Siege Destroyer, same thing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2011, 05:13 AM
considering the new tweaks on tribble:
Galaxy X Update

* Increased the damage on the Phaser Spinal Lance
* Increased the number of aft weapon slots from 3 to 4

I dont think being underpowered is gonna be a problem.

Playing a speciailised ship has its problems but the advantages outweight them. If the galaxy x could have any spinal weapon it will become the "uber must have ship".... you just cant have that in a game
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2011, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
If the galaxy x could have any spinal weapon it will become the "uber must have ship".... you just cant have that in a game
naaaah... it's mainly just a color change
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2011, 05:31 AM
yes but with an ability to change it others will then have the flexability to put antiproton in there for max dmg or alternatively the tetryons sheild stripping ability. imagine that lance on full power with the extra crit from Ap!!

I know a colour change would be nice and thats all you want, but we have to consider the impact on the entire playerbase.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2011, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
title says it all

With the new approach of the MVAM Console beeing a console that you can switch arround, how about making the Galaxy-X Phaser Lance into a Weapon Slot Item and let me buy diffrent versions of it including diffrent Types of it like Tetryon, Disrutor, Plasma etc.
Sorry if I take this tread too fall off of point, I just have a question about MVAM. What do you mean by it being a console that you can switch around? Are you saying the ability is a console that you can change around in your Eng, Sci or Tac console slots? Does this also mean that you can put it on any of your ships?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2011, 05:43 AM
Are you saying the ability is a console that you can change around in your Eng, Sci or Tac console slots? -> That's what i've read in the DEV Tracker, so probably YES.
The ability does not come with a new ship, it's a console that you slot in your existing Prometheus Variant.

I also did see dev comment that there was talk about the starter Ship abilities to be made into consoles so you could keep them for higher ships (like the NX-01 grappling hook). But that might just have been brainstorming.

-> Does this also mean that you can put it on any of your ships?
i am 99% sure that this is a NO. (how would you break up a Defiant Class into 3 pieces anyway ...lol)
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-02-2011, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Are you saying the ability is a console that you can change around in your Eng, Sci or Tac console slots? -> That's what i've read in the DEV Tracker, so probably YES.
The ability does not come with a new ship, it's a console that you slot in your existing Prometheus Variant.

I also did see dev comment that there was talk about the starter Ship abilities to be made into consoles so you could keep them for higher ships (like the NX-01 grappling hook). But that might just have been brainstorming.

-> Does this also mean that you can put it on any of your ships?
i am 99% sure that this is a NO. (how would you break up a Defiant Class into 3 pieces anyway ...lol)
Cool thanks for the quick reply! Sounds great about the T1 skills! I loled with your Defiant comment cause I was thinking the exact same when I wrote the first post.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-02-2011, 05:49 AM
Quote:
how would you break up a Defiant Class into 3 pieces anyway
Use a torpedo or ten.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-02-2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Use a torpedo or ten.
The Breen knew how to do it. Klingons also tend to be good at it these days.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-02-2011, 06:14 AM
Although the defiant may not benefit from the MVAM console, the Galaxy and galaxy retrofit might benefit from it. Add a console to the retrofit, then either of them can have saucer separation. The tier 4 galaxy looses a console doing it, and the retrofit can either gain a console for not separating or basically be the same ship it is now for slotting the MVAM device in the new slot (tactical Id imagine)