Lt. Commander
Hi, I've found a genial post in an other thread. Because I don't want to highjack the whole thread I simply add the post link as well as the quote I mean.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...9&postcount=20
Quote:
Could we get rid of the Nebula/exploration Cluster blocks and replace them with instances similiar to the briar patch/Badlands... or the "Defend the Empire" which requires you to go to a nebula star marker.. thing.
It is a great idea. I loved the Briar patch as well as the Badlands in STO, but I have to admit, I didn't tought of it using instead of the exploration clusters. This is a great posibility to keep the exploration clusters but expand properly on the galaxy map and add the missing clusters.

What do the community think about this idea?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2011, 03:59 AM
Does anyone have any opinion on this idea?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2011, 04:03 AM
I think it's a bad idea since the exploration blocks represents parts of space that the badlands, briar, etc. do not occupy in the shows.

That's not to say I think exploration in STO is good. However, whatever replaces the currently lackluster exploration will fill those spaces.

Besides, the location of the briarpatch, great bloom, and badlands are based on one of the best, most comprehensive maps of the Star Trek universe.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2011, 04:28 AM
Do you rather would like to have maps like the deferi system? because rumors say that is exactly what we'll get for the deep space updade.

I think the patches layn all over the known galaxy could spare a lot of place, act as a gateway to a zone map as known but just improved, and the major sector maps could look properly. Did you ever compared the STO sector map to any cannonic ST sector map? Actually most of all dep space exploration sectors are wrong set.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macumba
Do you rather would like to have maps like the deferi system? because rumors say that is exactly what we'll get for the deep space updade.

I think the patches layn all over the known galaxy could spare a lot of place, act as a gateway to a zone map as known but just improved, and the major sector maps could look properly. Did you ever compared the STO sector map to any cannonic ST sector map? Actually most of all dep space exploration sectors are wrong set.
Yes. In fact STO's map is closest to this one.

While like the idea of making the badlands, briar patch, and other areas more persistent, I don't think we should move them to occupy the exploration clusters (which are there for a reason, especially if you look at the map above).That's not to say exploration can't occur in those areas you mention them just that the areas occupied by exploration nebulae are taken from canon (mostly).

I just don't see the point in arbitrarily moving the badlands, briar, etc. to where the exploration clusters are.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2011, 06:36 AM
Wait a minute, you get me all wrong! It is not moving paches and nebulas out of the map to the boarders, but to add undiscovered patches into the sector map instead of boarders to undiscovered sectors, which are actually not, like Delta Volaris, but where the heck is Vega then?

So, again, the patches all over sector space would be just gateways to deep space descovery maps based on the actual descovery maps. This maps would of course be revmaped to look as awsome as the new sector space since season 3.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macumba
Wait a minute, you get me all wrong! It is not moving paches and nebulas out of the map to the boarders, but to add undiscovered patches into the sector map instead of boarders to undiscovered sectors, which are actually not, like Delta Volaris, but where the heck is Vega then?

So, again, the patches all over sector space would be just gateways to deep space descovery maps based on the actual descovery maps. This maps would of course be revmaped to look as awsome as the new sector space since season 3.
Okay - that clarifies things. You made it sound like you wanted to move the patches and replace exploration zones with them. :p

The concept isn't clicking with me yet though. Are you either wanting:
  1. Patches to repalce fly-over areas (or border areas)
    • or
  2. Patches to replace Deep Space Zones (which are inaccessible currently)
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-02-2011, 08:42 AM
While I understand that some ideas are really great and deserve all the spotlight they can; please do not start threads about other threads or posts within other threads. It clutters the forums and is actually against the rules to boot.
Closed Thread