Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship Interiors
02-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Hi there,

I havn't been on the game for a few months and lost track of features in the foundry.

Is there a way to load a player into their own ship interiors and communicate with their crew/boffs?? in-order to enable foundry missions to be played from the players bridge etc

Thanks
Mark100000
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2011, 04:34 PM
There is a way to load ship interiors. However as of THIS moment, you as the creator define what map is used. There is not a mechanism in place that will use any chosen interior types a player has set as their default bridge/interior though. This is something i would like to see potentially down the road, but i am not aware of what hurdles there are technically to allow the use of a 'template' map that is replaced with one of the players own choosing. Basically it amounts to you can make a defiant have a galaxy class bridge and thats the bridge you use.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Thank you kindly
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
There is a way to load ship interiors. However as of THIS moment, you as the creator define what map is used. There is not a mechanism in place that will use any chosen interior types a player has set as their default bridge/interior though. This is something i would like to see potentially down the road, but i am not aware of what hurdles there are technically to allow the use of a 'template' map that is replaced with one of the players own choosing. Basically it amounts to you can make a defiant have a galaxy class bridge and thats the bridge you use.
I imagine the biggest hurdle is the designer can have no idea which bridge the player will be using and that would make prop/NPC placement a bit unpredictable. "Why is there a Devidian Portal in my Cpatin's Chair?" or "Helm! Kindly extricate that alien Crystaline shard entity from your console!" or "Engineering or is it Sickbay, someone get the Deferi Ambassador out of the wall they just beamed into."