Lt. Commander
# 1 Place Marker preview issue
03-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi all,
I'm quite puzzled, so I come here for your help...

Is it just me or during preview of the mission the "Place Marker" element behaves oddly?
It seems to ignore it's size: it goes through it like you were into the sphere even if you are way too far... or it ignores its volume and doesn't pass over it even if you reach it's exact center.

I also noticed that, at least in the custom space maps' editor, I can't get the radius to show with the right scale... it looks like the scale for the circle is one tenth (or so) of the radius you specify in km down in the property box...

Anyone else with the same problems?
Any chance to see those things fixed anytime soon?

edit by astraz: after some more test, I noticed that also in the preview mode of the mission (both space and ground) it seems to consider the radius as one tenth (or even less... I'm not sure about it...) of the number you set... Am I getting something wrong about the meaning of the "radius" field?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2011, 08:05 PM
It looks like the unit of measurement we use doesn't match from the editor to the game, but everything else does seem to be working correctly. I'm not seeing it be 1/10th off on an interior map -- more like 1/4th.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2011, 12:40 AM
Thank you Zenorius!!!

I was starting to wonder if kilometers were shorter only in the Donatu System or all over the Neutral Zone (sorry, couldn't keep this from coming: I had it in mind since I first found out the problem )
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Hahah!

I think the issue is that the Foundry editor works in feet. So when you see 100, it says meters, but it's really feet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Hahah!

I think the issue is that the Foundry editor works in feet. So when you see 100, it says meters, but it's really feet.
What is this, the time of Charlemagne??
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Hahah!

I think the tool you guys are using to create interior maps has the opposite issue, where you're telling it to make a room 40 feet wide, but it comes out at 40 meters instead.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
I think the tool you guys are using to create interior maps has the opposite issue, where you're telling it to make a room 40 feet wide, but it comes out at 40 meters instead.
: Is that not what it's supposed to look like. I thought the rooms were huge because of camera angles or something....