Lt. Commander
Ok I log out of the game and it starts to do a patch but when it gets to Received 569.0MB - 73% I get an Error 36: A file was locked that could not be opened for writing. Restart in <seconds countdown>. The patch retstarts and the error keeps repeating itself until the launcher crashes.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2011, 05:54 AM
if you use win7 or vista besure to have the properties of the launcher exe and gameclient.exe set to run as admin.
also some antivirus programs failes to release files after they scan them so the program is unable to access the file needed to be patched. try excluding the game directory from scanning by the antivirus program.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2011, 06:36 AM
I wonder if this is a local issue. last year when I lived in Vermont I never crashed, but since I moved to Maine and switched cable providers to Time Warner I'm getting the exact same thing. The game still plays fine but patching keeps crashing with the same error and when does work its incredibly slow.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2011, 09:22 AM
patcher does have a habit of crashing sometime when it loses connections to the patch server. patching is done on port 7255 . if that port is blocked or heavy filtered it will affect the patching. sometime using the launcher option patch by proxy will speed the patching up if there is a problem on port 7255.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusMD
patcher does have a habit of crashing sometime when it loses connections to the patch server. patching is done on port 7255 . if that port is blocked or heavy filtered it will affect the patching. sometime using the launcher option patch by proxy will speed the patching up if there is a problem on port 7255.
Ok giving that administrator thing a try. This is a brand new system with Windows 7 and I've only had it since Saturday.