Lt. Commander
I purchased the Triumph bridge set for my Tier 3 ship and when I visit the bridge, my Lt Cmdr Tactical officer is in one of the chairs, but a random science officer is on the other side of the captain's chair. Wouldn't my actually Science B.O. be sitting there? Or shouldn't the Tactical B.O. be at a station? Similar to where Worf was on TNG?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2011, 05:11 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if I am on global ignore........
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2011, 06:05 AM
You're not. I'm just not sure what exactly your problem is. Is it that your science BO doesn't spawn on your bridge at all or is it that you think he's placed wrong?
BO placement on the bridges has almost nothing to do with how you assign your BOs as far as I can see. It only depends on their class which spots they can take over, sometimes they even swich places. On Triumph there's a spot for a tactical where Riker was and a spot for a scientist where Troi was. Troi wasn't a chief science officer but a counselor.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2011, 07:46 AM
At least you have somebody there. The four or so times I visited it, it was always empty. But good to know that my No.1 was'nt on her place random but as intended
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
You're not. I'm just not sure what exactly your problem is. Is it that your science BO doesn't spawn on your bridge at all or is it that you think he's placed wrong?
BO placement on the bridges has almost nothing to do with how you assign your BOs as far as I can see. It only depends on their class which spots they can take over, sometimes they even swich places. On Triumph there's a spot for a tactical where Riker was and a spot for a scientist where Troi was. Troi wasn't a chief science officer but a counselor.
Hmmm... bold part caught my eye. Maybe that will end up being something that's in the fabled BOff uprades along with adding in first officers, CMO, Chief Engineer, etc etc etc.....
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2011, 07:04 AM
It is odd placement, both officers I mention are at the same rank. I just find it strange of the placement of the "random" Science officer in the what I believe should be my actual sci boff.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKOgden View Post
It is odd placement, both officers I mention are at the same rank. I just find it strange of the placement of the "random" Science officer in the what I believe should be my actual sci boff.
Well, i do wish they allowed you to like place your officers..it's real annoying if you're a rp freak like me and your officers are all in the wrong places...