Lt. Commander
# 1 The Cure
03-03-2011, 08:51 PM
I am getting very upset. I know that games go through changes. I have put up with the nurfs from the crys of the PVP groups without a word. Even though I did not like many of the changes made for that small group of gamers. I have been with STO frome early on in the game, no I am not a bata tester, I am just a gamer. I don't have a lot of knowedge when it comes to computers. But I have friends who do have that knowedge. I am so angry that I have been un able to compleet the Cure because of the current canges being made with no thought to telling players about these changes. That you did not have these changes tested. Or make some kind of big deal about changing an STF with a LARGE reward :the Borg Shield. STFs were not affected by difficulty settiing, then one day they are suddenly. That is a hard ajustment when you usualy run on advance or elite. Then when the next group runs on normal it is at a reasonable leve of difficulity for normal and is successful. The fleet expects it to be the same difficulity every time. So when the fleet runs the next time when the fleet runs and people are getting 2 or 3 shots and dead workers are suddenly able to do every borg ability. This is not a joke this is not fun this is not cool this is not a chanalge. This is the type of the to make some peope rage quit. Not me not today. But I am realy getting tired of this junk. This type of thing is what tribble(test) is for not live. Do it there. Offer some of the junk from the c-store, or what ever you will get hundreds of testers. I have run the cure with my VAs so many times I can't count it but since the new borg gear came out I was on a break spending time with my family. And now my fleet has only been able to finish this mission once since the junk changes. Stop trying to make everyone happy. Make it work. Fix the bugs in tribble(test). Bring it live. If the 5 year olds can't wait let them go somewhere else for the 5 minutes they will be gone and when it is ready to go live they will be back. This is a great game and you are making it better. Stop making it wose in a rush. Stop breaking the things that work. When you have a fleet that has 90% of its active members VAs and 90% of those have all available gear in the game that they want for their ships and their toons, and bofs. Yet they are having trouble finishing the Cure now, after making the cure a cake run. There is a problem somewhere. I don't think it is on our end.
Nerf the Workers
Add a couple of Drones
call it good.
Make it a chalange not a head baning against a brick wall.
Thanks for your time.
I am still furious. There are so many issues so many bugs and I am sure you are working on so many things but maybe you should slow down on the expansions and go through play all the missions you have made again find all those bugs that bugs some of us explorer players and fix what you have created
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Umm.... what are you talking about?

The difficulty slider has NOT been implemented for the STF's yet. They are the same difficulty as they always have been. There have not been any intentional changes made. If anything, they are easier now as the bosses hitpoints are bugged and have been nerfed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Latinumbar, the difficulty slider wasn't mentioned in the notes, but in experimentation we determined it does affect STFs as of last week.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Well, I haven't run it since the latest patch. Can anyone confirm this, or does it just "feel" harder? You should be able to tell by the amount of hitpoints the borg have.

And IF it has been affected, I'm still not sure what the OP is trying to explain. Is he saying it is too hard on "normal" or "elite"?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2011, 01:47 PM
I have done Cure and Infected sense the patch and have noticed no difference sense a the difficulty changes a couple patches ago (And those just made them easier). I can say I have never tried using the difficulty slider on a STF. We (12th Fleet's MACO division) run at least a couple STF every week and I haven't heard anything about changes. I know I would have heard, cause we alway chat about that sort of thing.

The Cure can be tough if you don't have a good strategy, some good gear and enough DPS.
If you want to learn to do them search Youtube for some how to videos.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2011, 04:03 PM
I have not problem with boss mosters having a boat load of hitpoints. Infact, I prefer for the bosses to have a large number so that I can enjoy wailing away on them. What I don't like is boss monsters who can kill you with one or two shots when you are suppose to be at or slightly above said monster's level. That was one of my complaints with Amek of Borg. Nerf his attacks, but not his hitpoint total.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Aside from final boss, hitpoints don't seem to be changed, what is changed are the abilities that the borg are manifesting, specifically the worker drones using infection, chain holds, and other drones now wielding dual pistols with the one-shot issue.

I ran the STF with wolf, all 4 of us have run the cure over a dozen times each and the fifth followed directions perfectly and held up his end. We're all fully geared for fighting borg and have our skillset configured for ground combat.

Last week there were dramatic difficulty changes between normal/advanced/elite. Last night's run was done on normal and was much harder than before changes started being made several weeks ago.

BTW, I'm with Neil above, restore Armak's full or majority of hitpoints, just keep him from two shotting entire groups (though he hasn't used that power on us since August when we simply keep two people constantly melee'ing him)
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-04-2011, 06:14 PM
As I understand it, the devs have said that the current difficulty will be slightly easier than "elite" when the slider gets implemented, but harder than "advanced". So IF the slider has been implemented, normal should be easier than the current STFs. I have a strong suspicion that the missions have accumulated definite bugs over time, and this may be part of it. I don't think any of these "changes" are intentional on the part of the devs. In Infected, the environment has been messed up by Capt Ogen's room where the walls are deformed. And there is plasma right at the entrance to Rebecca that you can walk on. There was never any anouncement about nerfing the boss hitpoints either. I think these are all BUGS.