Lt. Commander
I've been having a not so little problem with my personal bank space lately.

I've been saving every drop I intend to use on future Captains and acquiring some items specifically for them to use as well.
This is to give them a headstart when they become available, so they don't have to grind as much gear and make it more about casual play then farming.
I currently have enough gear to outfit my next 3 Captains.

I should point out these Captains are for future factions (Romulan and Cardassian), so it's not possible for me to create them until the Faction they belong to is activated on the live server.

But now I'm out of bank space!

It's gotten to the point where some of the less important items are having to be stored in my personal mailbox.

And considering the Featured Episodes are also giving me new equipment, I have nowhere to store that.
If it can't be fitted to a ship I'm not using, it's going to be stuck in my personal inventory.
And these items can't be mailed, because they Bind On Pickup.

In Champions Online, there's a feature to buy 3 more (possibly 5) bank tabs for your personal locker.

If we had that feature in Star Trek Online, it would solve all my problems.
Another 3 tabs would give me some much needed leeway.
Preferably, I'd like this to be a C-Store transaction.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2011, 12:16 AM
If those Items have not been bounded yet, you could send an e-mail in-game to yourself with a title such as "Items for Cardassian captain" or subsitute a character name in place of "cardassian captain. Just remember not to delete the message until you make the character.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2011, 12:28 AM
It's a problem for many. It is mentioned in the last engineering report as well.

A few people try to keep this thread alive in the general discussion part of the forums.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=200839

Add your voice there, and last I heard some one was giving out chocolate!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Though I do sympathize with your issue, I think that holding on to items for the Cardasian faction may be more effort than it is worth as I do not expect them to be active until after the Romulans are well established.

I am going to assume that you have gained all of this equipment through one or two characters so far.

If you gained enough stuff for 3 captains playing through the game with one or two characters, wouldn't it be logical to assume that when you play through as a Romulan (and already have all of the equipment you need), you would earn enough new stuff for your Cardasian?

Based on the current circumstances (limited space), I would think this would solve your issue.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Well, some of the items I obtained were quite hard to find, blue melee weapons, Borg medical kit, crafted purple XI armor&shields, purple medical kit and so on.

I really didn't want the problems involved in trying to obtain those items on a brand new wet behind the ears character.

Also, some of those rewards tend to Bind on Pickup, meaning they cannot be transferred to a new character.

I'm not really particular what gear I use up until I hit RA, but once I'm there, I'm a lot more discriminating.

As for why I don't use the mail storage to keep the important items, well, I simply don't trust it.
I had an important item I tried to mail between characters.
An error in the mail system deleted the item!
From that point on, I decided any item that was an important one would not be put in the mail for anything other then a transfer to another character.

And yes, I did contact Cryptic about the lost item.
They said it was "not their policy to replace items lost due to game error".
I'm still trying to work out why they included a "report lost item" function if their policy is not to replace it.