Lt. Commander
# 11
03-05-2011, 02:05 AM
I'm wondering why this has to be done on Saturday at all.

Now if the patch causes other bugs (as has been in the case in the past) the weekend will be either marred by the broken patch or patching the patch = further downtime.

Seriously, pre-patch earlier in the working week. Patch proper later in the week (i.e. Thursday) and do your best to leave the weekends (when most people around the world are free to play this game) unhindered by downtimes.

At the very least - you'll be able to identify any supposed bugs before the weekend.

Sheesh....

(Awaits the obligatory 'Cryptic can do no wrong' 'More people play during the week' - nonsensical counter arguments).
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-05-2011, 02:44 AM
They have a March 5 patch notes listed. Apparently...the patch is "final touch ups" to the last episode.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-05-2011, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondaddyd View Post

Now if the patch causes other bugs (as has been in the case in the past) the weekend will be either marred by the broken patch or patching the patch = further downtime.

Seriously, pre-patch earlier in the working week. Patch proper later in the week (i.e. Thursday) and do your best to leave the weekends (when most people around the world are free to play this game) unhindered by downtimes.

At the very least - you'll be able to identify any supposed bugs before the weekend.

Sheesh....

(Awaits the obligatory 'Cryptic can do no wrong' 'More people play during the week' - nonsensical counter arguments).

Walk it off, man. It isn't like they're bringing down the servers during the time the Episode is to begin.
Lt. Commander
It getting rediculous that every week I'm expected to download nearly 2 GB. First for episodes that end way too quickly, to quantify the money spect on the bandwith (In my country that eqautes to nearly 20 dollars). And then I need to download bug fixes because the updates were problematic to start with....
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-05-2011, 03:30 AM
As long as the episode runs correctly I don't mind.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-05-2011, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondaddyd View Post

Sheesh....

Totaly agree with you, Cryptic have been bringing down the servers on a Saturday since I came back to the game on Feb 5th (5 Weeks)

Pretty sick of it now... they really dont give a damn about anyone thats not American... to rob the Euro/Asia players of their weekend days playtime every week is just.... well I cant say what I really think of them here as they (GM/Mods) have shot me down in the past and given me a warning for speaking my mind...

so we the Euro/Asia players have little to no recourse with Cryptic and must 'like it or lump it' very sad but true...
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-05-2011, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by washproof View Post
Totaly agree with you, Cryptic have been bringing down the servers on a Saturday since I came back to the game on Feb 5th (5 Weeks)

Pretty sick of it now... they really dont give a damn about anyone thats not American... to rob the Euro/Asia players of their weekend days playtime every week is just.... well I cant say what I really think of them here as they (GM/Mods) have shot me down in the past and given me a warning for speaking my mind...

so we the Euro/Asia players have little to no recourse with Cryptic and must 'like it or lump it' very sad but true...
Wait there's OTHER countries besides America?...just kidding lol. Please try to be patient, afterall Cryptic is a american company and runs on west coast hours. No matter when they decied to patch the game it's gonna affect some of their playerbase. For me, they're doing this first thing in the morning (6am-8am est), for them, they opened up at 3am to do this. Sadly for europe thats 11am for you :/. It's only 2 hrs, hopefully not all day (if all goes as expected for them lol), and in the end you'll have a better experiance with the content (hopfully).
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-05-2011, 05:32 AM
Things you can do while scheduled maintenance is happening:

1. Read the forums

2. Take a nap in anticipation of gaming all night

3. Clean your socks that have been gathering in a stinky pile in the bathroom because you've been too busy gaming to wash them.

4. Clean the pile of dirty ramen noodle bowls in the sink because you've been too busy gaming to wash them.

5. Clean the toilet that has sadly been neglected for months because you've been too busy gaming to clean it.

6. Contemplate the meaning of life.

7. Contemplate a volunteer opportunity with those who are unfortunate enough not to even have a roof over their heads, much less a computer and video game time.

8. Contemplate a volunteer opportunity with those who are stuck in the hospital due to extended illnesses and thus can't be here to game.

9. Contemplate the fuzz in your navel.

10. Catch up on all the news you've been ignoring for the last year playing this game, like, say, the uprising for democracy in Libya.

11. Go cook some real healthy food instead of ramen noodles.

12. Clean the collection of 3 month old empty coke cans off your desk.

13. Clean the cat/dog/people hair off your keyboard.

14. Give some attention to your beloved, your kids, your family, or your friends.

15. If you have none of those listed in 14, go read the book "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie to get some.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-05-2011, 06:43 AM
It's that old saying, "You can please some of the people all the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please ALL of the people ALL of the time."
There's no way they can bring down the servers for a patch, and not have it affect SOMEONE. Because Cryptic is based in America, they use the American time zones to bring it down and patch. If they chose a different time to do this, they would still have people yelling at them about the downtime, so I think it's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.