Lt. Commander
# 1 Patching and Maintenance
03-05-2011, 04:23 AM
Guess its only me but I work hard all week and get the nights and weekend to play. So why do you patch Friday night and now Saturday morning. Are you mad... Or is it that the US gets the downtime. Cant you do it at night.

Off to play ********... And thats me for the day. I cant be bothered waiting around here. My money you are wasting.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2011, 06:18 AM
Here's what I would do. Log in occasionally during the week (like before bed) to see if there are any patches. Now that they're doing the pre-patches you'll want to log onto a character for a couple of minutes and then log off and see if it starts patching. If you do this a couple of times a week, you should be good to go for your Friday evening STO.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajhal
Guess its only me but I work hard all week and get the nights and weekend to play. So why do you patch Friday night and now Saturday morning. Are you mad... Or is it that the US gets the downtime. Cant you do it at night.

Off to play ********... And thats me for the day. I cant be bothered waiting around here. My money you are wasting.
Heh, there it goes.. I couldn't believe there weren't any server down complaint posts, I knew there would be one eventually. Nothing directed at the OP, I just needed to know that I hadn't slipped into a parallel universe with no server down complaints. Oh and this one even had the bonus USA mention.

patch notes http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...66#post3407866
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajhal

I agree, the patching cycle has been rather aggressive the past month. As a player and paying customer, I generally view frequent patches as a positive indication that the producers are addressing game issues and adding content.

I will say that my client seems to fail at resuming interrupted patches and that can add frustration when having to restart a very large patch download. I generally run another task, or three, and let the patcher do its thing. you might try that as well. Loading the client before you hit the sack and letting it DL the patches unattended is another option.

Ignore any negative replies. You have a right to express your concern and some here simply seek to bait others instead of offering helpful suggestions. good luck and happy gaming.