Lt. Commander
# 11
03-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Yes, it is fun to watch the Tribble give it's attack shriek when a Gorn or Klingon try to pat it.
I gave my Gorn BOFFS Tribbles just to see this happen!

Ironically, my Liberated Borg BOFF (she's Klingon) is postivitely adored by her Tribble, she gets her buffs and a cooing noise.

Likewise, my Breen BOFF, Orion BOFFS and custom aliens get Tribble cuddle buffing fun.

But strangely, my Photonic Officer is hated by his Tribble.
And he's not even an organic lifeform!
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-05-2011, 02:56 AM
Glad to see I'not the only one that has this problem. I thought it weird that my Sci Captain had to heal them when they all have a standard heal tribble and a buff tribble that they used to use frequently... Not anymore...
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-05-2011, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
Yes, it is fun to watch the Tribble give it's attack shriek when a Gorn or Klingon try to pat it.
I gave my Gorn BOFFS Tribbles just to see this happen!
So that's what that noise was...

I better take his away from him, lest the SPCA(SPCT?) arrests me...

That said, I haven't fully understood how all this stuff worked. I can only imagine how much less grief I would have gone through had I decided to read these fourms a couple of months ago, rather than now.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0L13N
Maybe this is some of the modified ground combat we were promised? I would like the BOFFs to regain some awareness, but rather the NPCs not loss osme of theirs. I am enjoying the new challenge. Regular Borg missions get kind of interesting now. Rifle butt is you friend, but how do you hit 5 borg head all at once?
LoL... BUTTon Spam, FTW!
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camenecium View Post
Mine still use their tribbles, perhaps less often, but I only equip them with one buff tribble each. I have noticed my SCIBO uses his gravimetric shift on targets that recently died almost all the time now.

I know that the order in which you equip things can affect how often BOs use them. I got a bunch of fire extinguishers from that mission where the Gorn destroy a base. If I equip them in the first device slot and I'm near a fire, my BOs use them continuously. It often happens even if there's no fire around. However, they'll use them infrequently if equipped in other device slots.

Juggling the order of equipped devices also seemed to make some of my officers pop off hypos every minute or so. They didn't even have to be in combat. I stopped giving them consumables because sometimes they'd have none left by the second or third fight.

Cryptic needs to tell us how BOs prioritize and choose devices they have equipped. Having some control over it with settings or right-click options would be really nice. And please stop my SCIBO from trying to bury the dead with gravimetric shift!
Amen to that! Good observations and it does mirror my own experiences, though I hadn't tested item position. Thank you very much for posting your results...