Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
03-05-2011, 02:24 PM
It wasn't uncommon for Roman Emperors would lead their troops in battle (some would die in battle too) so the Romulan Emperor doing the same doesn't seem strange to me.

Remember she's no longer just the leader of the Tal Shiar, she's Emperor and needs the backing of the military to maintain her rule, and if they feel she's doing a bad job by sitting back like a coward, they may decide to find a replacement. Her fighting in this battle was probably a demonstration that she is still active and worthy to be sitting on the throne. Unfortunately for her, it backfired (or seemed to anyway).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
03-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
How would that fit her character?

She was proud to the point of hubris and got more and more irrational the more and more she failed in TNG.

Watching your slave class overthrow a major romulan city with aid from starfleet would not make her more rational; it would make her less.

Going back to the TNG era, when she started to see her house of cards fall, her responses became less and less appropriate. It served to illustrate that while she could coldly calculate and survive, she was flappable and couldn't adapt quickly.

That adaptability: the human characteristic tying Picard, Spock, and Data together (they were all adaptable and, at least partly, human) was part of the subtext of unification.
Okay, you got me on that one. I could see her flying off the handle and making a grievous error by showing her hand like that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
03-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
And one last thing I don't get:

Remans blew up Hobus supernova. They killed billions. Yet now they are our best buddies, just because Iconians showed their ugly mugs?
Actually the Remans who were involved with Hobus were those working for Taris the other Iconian pawn, Obisek is probably with a different group of Remans NOT working for the Iconians, plus the Iconians were trying to wipe the Remans out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
03-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 View Post
Actually the Remans who were involved with Hobus were those working for Taris the other Iconian pawn, Obisek is probably with a different group of Remans NOT working for the Iconians, plus the Iconians were trying to wipe the Remans out.
Hmmm fair enough, thank you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
03-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
Okay, you got me on that one. I could see her flying off the handle and making a grievous error by showing her hand like that.
I'm sure she's nursing her wounds now and plotting another comeback.

"Time to plan is time to gain the upper hand."

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
03-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I'm sure she's nursing her wounds now and plotting another comeback.

"Time to plan is time to gain the upper hand."

I think she's too busy screaming as the Iconians punish her for her failure.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
03-05-2011, 02:55 PM
I'll bet it's revealed Sela and the Iconians are allies.

Being manipulated by....


















Sulu.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
03-05-2011, 02:57 PM
My one complaint is that we really SHOULD have been given the satisfaction of destroying Sela's ship.

Now, I know that we can't kill off Sela herself, but there's no reason the cut scene couldn't have been the ship in flames, with escape pods launching, and then the ship exploding once they are clear. The Iconians could have still shown up and tractored the escape pod, with our Science Boff telling us that scans showed Sela was aboard the escape pod that went through the gateway.

That would have given us greater satisfaction, and the same end result regarding Sela.

Otherwise, a FANTASTIC episode.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
03-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotStuff_ST
My one complaint is that we really SHOULD have been given the satisfaction of destroying Sela's ship.

Now, I know that we can't kill off Sela herself, but there's no reason the cut scene couldn't have been the ship in flames, with escape pods launching, and then the ship exploding once they are clear. The Iconians could have still shown up and tractored the escape pod, with our Science Boff telling us that scans showed Sela was aboard the escape pod that went through the gateway.

That would have given us greater satisfaction, and the same end result regarding Sela.

Otherwise, a FANTASTIC episode.
I'm glad that we're not wasting another ship with all hands dying in a fiery wreckage in this mission. Just me though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
03-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Ok, not enjoying this one at all. First off, Hakeev was on a ledge when I killed him and thus was not able to check him. So i restarted, did the whole mission again and that bugger jumped up on a ledge AGAIN! Died and now I can not check him again!!!! Come on! I submitted a ticket in hopes they will set him on the ground, and i am NOT doing this mission again! I died like 30 times and have more red injury s then ever!

I am 5 meters from him and can't get to him!!!!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:33 PM.