Lt. Commander
# 11
03-05-2011, 11:29 PM
This could be a bug, may I suggest sending a bug report with complete details and perhaps copy this topic along with the picture to the Bug Forum.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-05-2011, 11:37 PM
You may suggest but I wont do it. Simply because there is so many bugs in this game which i wrote a ticket for some of them are pre release old some of them are new and current and very annoying like the dialog box uncloaks you bug. Nothing has been done about it in the past so why should I make them aware of something they already know and don't do anything about it anyway.

Oh wait i forgot i think in the last release note they fixed some textures on uniforms, sure that is a lot more important then gameplay to most of the players...
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stegi
You may suggest but I wont do it. Simply because there is so many bugs in this game which i wrote a ticket for some of them are pre release old some of them are new and current and very annoying like the dialog box uncloaks you bug. Nothing has been done about it in the past so why should I make them aware of something they already know and don't do anything about it anyway.

Oh wait i forgot i think in the last release note they fixed some textures on uniforms, sure that is a lot more important then gameplay to most of the players...
I'm not going to argue with you.... mostly because I need to go to bed soon, but I will say that all the game breakers I reported, (And this is going back to open beta) were fixed. Not to mention several small bugs that I reported in the past were fixed as well.

The trick is, report the bug WHEN IT HAPPENS, because the game takes a snapshot of your screen when you submit the bug. The screenshot is sent along with your report, so if you report the bug in another area where the bug happened, that will do you no good. You also need to be as detailed as possible when reporting a bug.

Descriptive includes:

- what you were doing at the time.
- Place of the bug. (where you were at the time of the bug as well)
- effect of the bug.
- Type of bug (whether your on ground or in space, whether it's a type of item like a tribble, or if it's an enemy effect that might cause the bug.)
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleX View Post
I'm not going to argue with you.... mostly because I need to go to bed soon, but I will say that all the game breakers I reported, (And this is going back to open beta) were fixed. Not to mention several small bugs that I reported in the past were fixed as well.

The trick is, report the bug WHEN IT HAPPENS, because the game takes a snapshot of your screen when you submit the bug. The screenshot is sent along with your report, so if you report the bug in another area where the bug happened, that will do you no good. You also need to be as detailed as possible when reporting a bug.

Descriptive includes:

- what you were doing at the time.
- Place of the bug. (where you were at the time of the bug as well)
- effect of the bug.
- Type of bug (whether your on ground or in space, whether it's a type of item like a tribble, or if it's an enemy effect that might cause the bug.)
Sure, and by the end of the day i pay to write bug reports instead of playing the game. No sorry i think i waste my last days before the subscription runs out doing something else. I doubt that at the current state of the game and specially the pvp part of the game that i will renew my subscription. Its more likely that the timing is so right that I just jump from here to the old republic. Sure there is bugs in games ect... but compared cryptic with blizzard for example since lots of people like to compare the game with wow is to compare amateuers with professionals. Every update cryptic makes screws something else up and then it doesn't get fixed for while. So yeah sorry, no bug reports anymore, i know how to spend my time better then that.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-06-2011, 12:29 AM
I had the same problem, yah I hope its fixed soon becuase I ended up having to do the mission twice
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavin_Prime View Post
I had the same problem, yah I hope its fixed soon becuase I ended up having to do the mission twice
Engineer officers might be able to get onto the ledge where he is. If you head back up the way you came, there's a stair way that goes over a wall. That wall attaches to the ledge where he died (or so it appears from the ground).

I think an Engineer could get over that, with a slight boost, from say a cover shield. The rest of us are just bang out of luck.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-06-2011, 12:53 AM
As Mr. Stahl said in another post... This has already been reported and is being tracked in this thread:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=205531

Thus making this another pointless thread with nothing but negative comments toward the game developers. This thread should cease to exist.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-06-2011, 01:14 AM
The pathing for Hakeev's group was TERRIBLE; as others have stated he or his henchmen would somtimes 'hop' up on ledges and either never come back down; or they'd be in a spot where they could hit you; but you couldn't hit back.

It also appears all playtesting was done on the "Normal" setting as I tried 5 times on advanced, but kept getting one-shoted by Hakeev. Also, on Elite, Obisek's 'Help Group' gets mowed down in less than 10 seconds.

Sequence was:

Respawn - Held - some blast that blows my personal shield; and then a quick follow up with some that kills me dead

or

Respawn - Held - Thaleron Mine - Plama Fire DOT Grenade (in quick succession)

I have to say it again, REGARDLESS of the Ground Combat Revamp, STO NEEDS to be able to handle/have the ability to select DIFFERENT Difficulty settings for Space and Ground, if they so wish.

In Space (for me) ANYTHING less than Elite is a snooze fest - BUT, "Elite" on Ground is either a major gring, or a nightmare (and I have MK XI ground gear and some point in Ground skills. If anything this mission and the Hakeev fight JIGHLIGHTED the need for this option.

I ended up doing the Ground on 'Normal' just to be able to get through it after trying Elite 5 times and Advanced twice (might have don it on Advanced, but the wierd pathing kept occuring and I was left with one or two of Hakeev' Guards I could kill due to LOS issues after they jumped up the buildings.

Then once back if Soape for the Romulan Fleet/Empress Sela portion, I warped out, logged for 20 minutes; came back - set the Difficulty back to Elite - and then continued "Cutting the Cord" so I could have a fun challenge in the Space portion that I enjoy.

BUT - that work around honestly wouldn't be needed if there were seperate, independent Difficulty Sliders for Space and Ground. I've also seen the post by DStahal that says they want to do the revamp first, and then will revisit the possibilty of separate Difficulty slider settings; but honestly, if you ARE revamping the system, why not just add that to the revamp?

Many people like me would reallylove it if we could do Elite in Space but Advanced or Normal on the ground. Again Hakeev was EASILY able to one shot or quick combo on Elite. Unless you're revampuing the Romulan missions and MOBs again with the Ground revamp; I dobt this will change after the Saeson 4 Ground Combat Revamp.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-06-2011, 02:34 AM
We need the leash off bulletstorm to pull them back down!
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-06-2011, 02:56 AM
Can't believe the devs missed this in play throughs.

Couldn't they disabled these NPCs from being able to jump?