Lt. Commander
# 21
03-06-2011, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stegi
Sure, and by the end of the day i pay to write bug reports instead of playing the game. No sorry i think i waste my last days before the subscription runs out doing something else. I doubt that at the current state of the game and specially the pvp part of the game that i will renew my subscription. Its more likely that the timing is so right that I just jump from here to the old republic. Sure there is bugs in games ect... but compared cryptic with blizzard for example since lots of people like to compare the game with wow is to compare amateuers with professionals. Every update cryptic makes screws something else up and then it doesn't get fixed for while. So yeah sorry, no bug reports anymore, i know how to spend my time better then that.
I hope you still have a year left on your subscription, cause the way it looks TOR won't be released until then.

As far as Blizzard is concerned (I've rarely seen STO compared to WOW, if at all, by the way) there are still bugs in WOW that existed at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-06-2011, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
I hope you still have a year left on your subscription, cause the way it looks TOR won't be released until then.

As far as Blizzard is concerned (I've rarely seen STO compared to WOW, if at all, by the way) there are still bugs in WOW that existed at launch.

Its true of any MMO they all have bugs from their launch days, Cryptic have done a pretty good job actually of fixing bugs when they show up.

Anyone remember when you would beam down as your ship lol?
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-06-2011, 05:39 AM
actually this is a game wide issue, i had Breen jumping on rooftops in the first Deferi mission...

Champions Online code leaking into STO maybe? why the hell would anybody make NPCs so jumpy if it wasn't for a super hero game?
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
actually this is a game wide issue, i had Breen jumping on rooftops in the first Deferi mission...

Champions Online code leaking into STO maybe? why the hell would anybody make NPCs so jumpy if it wasn't for a super hero game?
The NPC jumping probably exists as a quick fix to longstanding pathing issues over uneven terrain.

I'm not saying it's a good thing just that that's the issue it's trying to remedy.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-06-2011, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
Citation needed.

Not that I doubt there ARE WoW bugs that have existed since 2004. But in all my years playing that game I never ran across any bugs that were as frustrating as the ones we still see in STO after a year.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Citation needed.

Not that I doubt there ARE WoW bugs that have existed since 2004. But in all my years playing that game I never ran across any bugs that were as frustrating as the ones we still see in STO after a year.
Loch Modan's Iroband Excavation site where the rats and giants are in the far east end of the former loch. This areas really hasn't been touched by Cataclysm (unlike the Loch itself).

Rats still fall through geometry there. I leveled a character from 10 to 72 in the post-Cataclysm game and was surprised at how many issues were ones I experienced in vanilla WoW years ago. You can have direct LoS and still not target them (but they can target you).

That's a level 10-20 issue but it's easily dismissed by many because you can say, well, Blizzard has 50x as much content and you can always do something else. (and I think people sometimes forget that launch WoW had a few content gaps for the Horde too - though this disappeared over time in a sea of new content).
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-06-2011, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
The NPC jumping probably exists as a quick fix to longstanding pathing issues over uneven terrain.

I'm not saying it's a good thing just that that's the issue it's trying to remedy.
I think so too. Bridge officers also have this ability as an attempt to keep up with you. IN fact, I think the whole reason we beam in alone without our bridge crew is because of the narrowness of the map. Bridge crew would be jumping up over things and getting stuck or aggroing mobs.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-06-2011, 08:44 AM
I had this happen to me TWICE yesterday! Very aggravating and when i sent a GM help ticket, he basically told me to restart the mission! Ugh! So i did that final ground mission THREE times yesterday and finally made sure i killed him while he was still on the ground. Why make them so "jumpy"? It is very aggravating and made me NOT enjoy this last mission at all.
Lt. Commander
On the main "Feature Episodes" page, you guys have listed Obisek as the Mission starter, when in fact it was again Admiral T'nae (Fed). You may want to update that.

http://www.startrekonline.com/feature_episodes
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-06-2011, 09:59 AM
I've played this twice, and both times Hakeev did something insane, but luckily he died on the ground.

The second time I played with my Sci captain and had my squiggly spoo handed to me. I really enjoyed how he kept instant healing one of his bodyguards until I managed to pull the guard into a hyperjumpfest so bad that he couldn't really shoot at me (and then I killed him, sad ). After Hakeev was isolated it was a simple matter of dying another 15 or so times.

I'll probably play it again for the amusing absurdity.