Lt. Commander
# 1 Question about Reman Boff
03-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Has anyone used their Reman Boff yet? Can he be customized or is he like the Breen, Diplomacy and STF BOFF? I'm asking because if he can be put in a Starfleet uniform I'll gladly delete an older BOFF in order to make room for this one but if he's just like the other ones I won't bother. My ship already has way too many of these uncustomizable boffs as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2011, 05:21 PM
You can't customize it. But, why would you want to? I love having my Breen, Liberated Borg and Reman BOs with me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2011, 07:55 PM
It's a pain that you can't even play around with facial features and build, add a combadge (in true Starfleet style - look at non-officers like Neelix and Garak for good examples), or even change the name of the uniform in the tailor menu.

I appreciate that whacking a Breen in a Starfleet uniform might look odd, but it's no fun to have them look identical to every other Breen BOff in game. Same with the Reman, Borg, etc.

And don't get me started on the Photonic BOff - the fact that we STILL can't have them in the same uniform as our other officers is just frustrating...
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Shepherd
It's a pain that you can't even play around with facial features and build, add a combadge (in true Starfleet style - look at non-officers like Neelix and Garak for good examples), or even change the name of the uniform in the tailor menu.

I appreciate that whacking a Breen in a Starfleet uniform might look odd, but it's no fun to have them look identical to every other Breen BOff in game. Same with the Reman, Borg, etc.

And don't get me started on the Photonic BOff - the fact that we STILL can't have them in the same uniform as our other officers is just frustrating...
Agreed. The Photonic BOFF thing is just... unacceptable. I understand having the flicker and the kit showing, but we should at least be able to change everything else. As far as the Breen and Remans are concerned though we should be able to change their costumes based on other parts within their faction NPCs. Our Breens look boring compared to some of the Breen NPCs out there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-05-2011, 08:59 PM
time out one sec....the Diplomacy boff isn't customizable ?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.mcnaught
time out one sec....the Diplomacy boff isn't customizable ?
The diplomacy BOffs are customizeable... in KDF gear. They can't wear starfleet uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 7 a male .. again
03-06-2011, 02:19 AM
Let him waer, what ever he wants ...

The only bridge a MALE shoud be on anyway, is the one of a boarding schuttle!

Sign,
C.

Long life the (Orion) Empire
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-06-2011, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKOgden View Post
You can't customize it. But, why would you want to? I love having my Breen, Liberated Borg and Reman BOs with me.
I would want to because I have a Stafleet ship, not a passenger transport or mercenary ship. In the shows there were 1 MAYBE 2 none Starfleet personnel that didn't wear an uniform per show. The exception being DS9, but DS9 was like a giant mall in space so that's completely understandable. As it is I have 4 BOFFS that stick out like a sore thumb if I commission them because they can't be placed in uniforms. Three of these can't be customized AT ALL. The fourth can only be placed in KDF uniforms but thankfully I can alter it's physical parameters.

Players have been asking the team to STOP giving us uncostumizable BOFFS. We have been begging for them to please let Starfleet captains place all our BOFFS in Starfleet uniforms since the FIRST of these BOFFS was released months ago. Each time a new one of these is released we continue to ask and surprisingly enough the team continues to ignore us. Frankly I find it shocking that the same team who's been so great at listening to player feedback and complying w/ player requests is not listening to such an easy simple request.

More options are better than less and to simply give us the option to make these character feel like our own would greatly enhance them for some of us.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-06-2011, 09:40 AM
I agree, I'm fine with not being able to do the faces on the Reman, Breen and even the EMH referral Boff, but I really don't see why we can't revisit these and make them able to wear a Starfleet Uniform?

Ok, lemme actually change my position on the faces (you can still leave the Breen out) isn't this the 25th Century? Aren't we past the point where "that certain race all looks alike" by- i don't know-700 years?