Lt. Commander
# 11
03-06-2011, 04:58 AM
I really enjoyed this series, even the slower missions are good when taken as part of the whole arc.

A agree there was a lot going on in the last mission, eg, I don't even know why we were placing the spatial charges around the place despite playing through it twice (will look out more in my 3rd play through). Hakeev's death was a bit anticlimactic/surreal.

But, overall, I would say it was excellent.

Thank you Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-06-2011, 05:27 AM
my only issue is with how absurdly buggy the final mission is... NPCs jumping over buildings onto catwalks... accolades not working, elements missing (fed engineer part for example - is non-existant/bugged) there was a non-killable phaser turrut for 2 of my 4 toons that was spawned in multiple places by enemy engeneers... the "shadow walls" all over the place that made manuvering on the catwalks.... horrid... well, over-all... it was awesome with a side of yucky glitches, bugs and graphical errors/mistakes

where's that DF crafting mission we were promised?
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-06-2011, 06:29 AM
I give it 9.2/10 Coliseum was so perfect that I wasn't really expecting Cutting the Cord to be as good as it was. And I think I got 5 badges doing it. Only on my 6th run did I think of shooting the Scorpion fighter that was on the roof next to the Romulans. And boom, an accolade.

I actually liked what they did with Hakeev. After all the shouting and growling I found his death to be just perfect.

I was puzzled by the locations that were shown in the Iconian portals: the inside of a Borg ship, the Guardian of Forever, Gre'thor and one place that vaguely looked like Cardassia Prime but that I don't remember having seen before. But the Guardian of Forever and Gre'thor were the most interesting ones. Is there a link between the Fek'lhri and the Iconians? The Romulans who stepped through the gate leading to the Guardian of Forever suggest they might be trying to go back in time. And I'm still wondering what the Iconian gate that was found in Fluidic space was doing there. At the end of Voyager it was hinted that Species 8472 was now at peace with Humans (and other species). But now they want to invade the Galaxy. I'm beginning to think that, just like the Tal'Shiar was controlled by the Iconians, so are some of the Undine. But not all of them...

I have to say that the overall story arc (and not just the weekly episodes) is fantastic. I feel like a kid again. I can't wait for the next series.

One thing that worries me though is what will happen to the Romulans? The Empire is so unstable that I have a hard time seeing them as the next faction. And I want to play a Romulan!

I only had one problem with Cutting the Cord. On my first run the Virtual Map didn't work.

Again, Mr. Stahl and team, Qa'pla!
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbles1997 View Post
I agree. It was SO AWESOME.
Yeah possibly the best mission to date. just amazing!
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
<snip>
space battle with Sela that feels like a mini-KA (which is a good thing) - how the hell did Sela get involved? If she's not with Tal Shiar, why does she attack our forces? And what the hell is "Iconian space probe"?
<snip>.
You don't know what an Iconian space probe is?
They are from TNG

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Iconian_probe
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
You don't know what an Iconian space probe is?
They are from TNG

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Iconian_probe
I don't remember everything in detail But thanks for the link.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trygvar View Post
Is there a link between the Fek'lhri and the Iconians? The Romulans who stepped through the gate leading to the Guardian of Forever suggest they might be trying to go back in time. And I'm still wondering what the Iconian gate that was found in Fluidic space was doing there. At the end of Voyager it was hinted that Species 8472 was now at peace with Humans (and other species). But now they want to invade the Galaxy. I'm beginning to think that, just like the Tal'Shiar was controlled by the Iconians, so are some of the Undine. But not all of them...
And speaking of connetions,

The Iconian Ship looks suspicously like Kukilkhan's ship from the Animated Series episode "How Sharper than a Serpent's Tooth". Does that mean Kukilkhan is an Iconian? And more imortantly, will he make an appearance?
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-06-2011, 05:37 PM
To sum up my opinion of the last mission ... Overall good but with a few needless portions.

The good -
  1. Felt like a city in the middle of an invasion.
  2. Loved calling in orbital strikes
  3. HUD virtual path is a nice logical progression of real world technology
  4. Hakeev's death was very well done. Nice cinematic quality to it.
The bad -
  1. TOO MANY GATEWAYS - At this point who doesn't have an Iconian gateway or two in their garage? One surprise gateway is neat ... if it gets used (like the one at the very end) but two is too much, esp. since one of them had no impact on the story. Not even a "Shut it down quick because a legion of enemy are about to come through" deal to build the suspense.
  2. The computer virus was a total side note; just a single popup window. I didn't even have to do anything different. This dialog should only show for science chars. Otherwise you'd have the exact same adventure without it.
  3. The part with Sela at the end felt like a quick tack on. I get why it was there - to set up future missions - but it sort of felt like the story was over after you say your good byes to Obisek on the ground. Instead you should have had Obisek mention something about another fleet of ships being inbound.

They're story nitpicks all.. but I feel those things would have really improved the overall low of the narrative.