Lt. Commander
So I just played through Cutting the Cord, and I noticed something odd about the Reman troops and Obisek...

They would fire purple energies from their foreheads, that didn't look much unlike the Undine's psyonic attacks.

Are the Remans all UNDINE?!?

HAVE WE BEEN HELPING THE WRONG PEOPLE?!?!?!

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GET ME A SNAPPLE!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

DUN DUN DUNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Discuss.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2011, 08:57 AM
The Remans were established as being highly telepathic in Nemesis, it's just how telepathy works, KDF Letheans do the same attack, and I think, but I'm not sure, that the Betazoids can as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2011, 08:59 AM
That the reman psi attack and the undine psi attack are simply displayed by the same graphics isn't an option? Well, guess you're right, they are all undine and we're screwed
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Undine Psi attacks are more pinky.

Undine know about the Iconions ? :O They know that they ignored the "GTFO of fluidic space" signs :O well... I give the Iconions 5 weeks before their "extinct" again.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
Undine Psi attacks are more pinky.

Undine know about the Iconions ? :O They know that they ignored the "GTFO of fluidic space" signs :O well... I give the Iconions 5 weeks before their "extinct" again.
Does that timescale include finding them?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-07-2011, 09:25 AM
My Lethean is NOT an und......ugh...can't get myself to say it...ITS SPECIES 8472!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT UNDINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. ..grrrrrr........anywhoo...my Lethean isn't one of those.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
The Remans were established as being highly telepathic in Nemesis, it's just how telepathy works, KDF Letheans do the same attack, and I think, but I'm not sure, that the Betazoids can as well.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Telepathic and Psyonic powers are two totally different things. Same thing with either of them and Telekenisis. People often link them with one another, but they have nothing in common. Telepathy is the ability to invade people's minds, Telekenisis the ability to move objects, and I'm not exactly sure what Psyonic things do, but certainly are very different from telepathic powers, as the psyonic powers can kill people.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan844
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Telepathic and Psyonic powers are two totally different things. Same thing with either of them and Telekenisis. People often link them with one another, but they have nothing in common. Telepathy is the ability to invade people's minds, Telekenisis the ability to move objects, and I'm not exactly sure what Psyonic things do, but certainly are very different from telepathic powers, as the psyonic powers can kill people.
Psionics refers to both telepathy and telekinesis, it's a catch-all term for mind-powers. (I think)
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen666 View Post
Does that timescale include finding them?
lets see... 1 week thinking hey we have one of your gates which just so happens to be placed by the prison block... another 2 weeks spamming the galactic Undine mail service with cordinates,,, 1 week to get everyone there... then 6 days to get everyone through the gate... 7 hours to kill off all the remaining Iconions.. then the last 17 hours playing checkers.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Psionics (no y) covers telepathy, telekinesis and levitation, pyrokinesis and cryokinesis (starting fires or making things cold with your mind), precognition and clairvoyance (seeing the future or another location in the present), teleportation, astral projection, etc etc etc. It's the scientific (or science-fantasy, which is what Trek is) term for "mind powers."