*Comforts Hale*

It'll get better buddy
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
They matter to me!

*cries*
HF_Mudd has understood the most basic rule of PvP.

Target Hale.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-07-2011, 01:09 PM
*Explodes!*
Lt. Commander
# 14 3rd post is a charm.
03-07-2011, 01:31 PM
I would like to hear from the devs on this.... And this will be the third thread that I ask for it.... If they dont answer again, and I doubt they will, then I will take their silence is meant for me to spec into a mine sweeping, sensor scambling , spam laying captain.

After all that is what I wanted to do... Build a ship that behaves like everyone else or be less successful.

The reality of it is: I am not going to cancel my sub but pvp is less fun with these skillless builds letting npcs do all of the killing because the defense rating of all of our ships go way down with the current spam fest. Though your weekly episodes are fun, if PVP died then your game would be dead quicker than all of the PVE fans will admit.

Truth is I like the tractor mines, and the scorp fighters, but why do they allow everyone to spam this stuff indefinately?

Come on devs, if your intention is to have your game behave like this then just let me know. STO is a masterpiece of work, I would not even pretend to tell you how to build your masterpiece of work, but was this your vision? Endless spam within each PVP. A population of ship captains putting things on auto fire untill those items spawned dominate the playing field. Captains who dont even consider fireing arc when outfitting their ships.

I feal cheap when I use cpb and psw because they are pretty dumb skills: I mean fly into the enemy hit cpb and psw, effective nearly 100% of the time and totally skill less. Dumb skills in the sense that I dont even have to have situational awareness to use them effectivly.

I love your game. I dont plan on leaving. I think all the items that have come up with this issue recently (Scorps and Tractor Mines) are great rewards that could advance pvp if you dialed back their prevelance.

You guys have time to respond to some of the stupidest crap on these threads. Now you have added straw upon straw to the pvp arenas and after breaking the camels back have nothing to say. Is the word for that dumbfounded?

I remember one quote from a pvper long ago, in a thread about some new maps etc... He said something like this: The PVP crowd makes there own fun and require very little from the devs once said pvp accomidates that fun.

Three things in closing:
1. None of the tools/weapons in pvp is overpowered. Simply the quantity of them is overwhelming.
2. Seperate PVE and PVP skill availability is a dumb idea. Why do i want to use endless amounts of spam in PVE, nobody needs it to beat the PVE enviroment.
3. If your mine laying powers are green then you are weak sauce.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Honestly,

I've NEVER seen ANY forum section explode as much as this one has in the past couple days. The straw has finally broke the camels back.

I think it's rather amusing because I expressed my fears quite some time ago about the impending death of PvP once carrier spam first started in earnest, but people thought I was being over-dramatic. Well.. who's laughing now.

Cryptic, you have a duty here, to firstly, LISTEN, and secondly, to RESPOND to your PAYING CUSTOMERS.

The recent upsurge of complains on the PvP section cannot have gone unnoticed, someone must have seen how upset the PvP community is, but after the most activity I have ever seen on one topic, nothing. Not a peep. Silence. Rather, the only response has been to CLOSE threads. Are you KIDDING???!!?!?!?!?!?!

Like others have said. If you just don't care about us PvPers, just come out and say it, at least it would be honest and I can cancel my subscription now. If you do, why don't you make at least a half-baked effort to cobble together some kind of response to the growing discontent. You don't even have to apologise, just acknowledge us.

Maybe they don't see the problem, maybe they fail to see what is so bad, if that is the case, I beg you, devs, join me and a few of the kids here for a 5v5 match and we will show you what spam is all about.

IBTL