Lt. Commander
# 31
03-22-2010, 12:43 AM
I played a few days of a trial with it. It was ok, I suppose. Everything seemed kind of...tiny, though. It felt like I was playing a game to kill some sand people or something....not like I was there beating them down myself.

I played it about a year ago and the graphics weren't so hot, either. That's the #2 reason I left anarchy online. They've been promising updates for years on that one.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-22-2010, 05:55 AM
I can say with confidence that I detest and abhor Star Wars Galaxies.

However, I admit I never played it pre-NGE, which makes me sad... I keep hearing how good it was back then, and I wish I'd picked it up before SOE ruined it.

So, in light of this, my vote goes wholeheartedly to STO.

Now, Old Republic may give STO a run for its money, that's one I plan to pick up at launch, if not sooner.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-22-2010, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
For the record, the players left in droves WHEN the NGE happened.
Yes, my Master Ranger Master Rifleman turned officer flew out to Endor and ended his days. I gave them a few weeks to fix what they had destroyed, but when my subscription came up I let it all expire.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-22-2010, 06:27 AM
SWG's space content is nothing short of fantastic. Especially the POB ships.

Personally I'm not too fussed about the NGE *****ing. Its hardly a brilliant game on the ground but its average and still has one of the most indepth (if not the) crafting systems in any game.

It just feels old though. Except in space where it feels great. But the lack of updates for space made me give it up.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-22-2010, 06:28 AM
Yup, NGE killed it for me. I like the space battles in STO better.
And, while my brothers and I could play SWG together (only one plays STO now), I love the people I've met through STO...

The Alliance people, Ten Forward people and, of course, the most awesome fleet ever--The BrownCoats.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-22-2010, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa Holly
Yup, NGE killed it for me. I like the space battles in STO better.
And, while my brothers and I could play SWG together (only one plays STO now), I love the people I've met through STO...

The Alliance people, Ten Forward people and, of course, the most awesome fleet ever--The BrownCoats.
It's true, you'd be lost without me.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-22-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams
SWG when it first released was a masterpiece, if it stayed it's course it would be as much of a hit as WoW is today.

Becoming a jedi was a long and tedious process. It could take months to complete the trials to become a jedi.

Then, they release NGE and CU updates. Which dumbed down the game by a huge amount. It merged their great diverse class system (Which had unlimited possibilities) into 9 default classes. They also tried to implement a FPS aspect into the game with CU, that had no place. Some will argue that it's fine now, yet those are the same people who never played pre-NGE/CU and they are idiots.

Basically, SWG when it first released was a shining beacon of MMO gaming. It was by far the best MMO game I have ever played. When they patched it with NGE/CU, a MASSIVE amount of people left and the game died.

How does this game compare?

When SWG first release, it would emit a shadow over this game that STO could never get out of. STO doesn't compare one bit to SWG.

Post NGE/CU? STO wins that battle...
Couldn't have said it better. Spot on comparison and explaination.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams
This, everything in this post I agree with 100%.
Agreed 100%. Just starting STO and hope to find some of the depth that I loved in SWG
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMud View Post
Agreed 100%. Just starting STO and hope to find some of the depth that I loved in SWG
Dude, this thread's been gone for a year. You must've not gotten the memo! Here!

*hands you a memo*